ID:293922

BYOND Build Number:454.1036
Operating System:Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card:Nvidia GeForce Fx 5200
Game Hub/Link:Anyone
Internet Connection Type:DSL
Firewalls/Routers: I don't use.

Problem Description:I installed my Byond and try play any game, but it doesn't open.
I tried by the site but still don't work.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: I don't know
I fear that you'll have to be a bit more precise.
So, you open the BYOND pager, try to log in.
What happens? Do you get any messages (e.g. BYOND Central down, or '[your key] logged in successfully')?
When you try to play a game, how do you connect and what exactly happens?
Do you get to see a splash screen, if so, what does it say?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
No... my BYOND pager don't open.
Just it.
In response to Ahdriel
So, you double-click on the BYOND icon and nothing happens?
Did you check the task manager if a byond.exe is listed in the process tab?
Is there a little 'atom' icon in the lower right side of your task-bar?
Yes, i double-click on the BYOND icon and nothing happens.
Don't have any 'atom' icon in the lower right side of the task-bar and don't exists a process called byond.exe in my process tab.
In response to Ahdriel
When you manually navigate to the place where you installed BYOND, do you find a folder named 'bin'?
Does it contain a 'byond.exe'?
If so, double-click it and check if it yields the same results.

Did BYOND ever work for you?
While installing BYOND, did you get any error messages?
Was the installation progressed on an administration account?
Yes, i have a 'byond.exe' in my 'bin' folder.
Yes, the same results.

In the past i have used it and worked without errors.
I don't get any error message while installing BYOND.
Yes, the installation progressed in a administrator account.
In response to Ahdriel
Lummox JR wrote:
If you're trying to start byond.exe and nothing is happening, this is most likely the fault of an incorrect installation. I believe what's happening is that the program is starting and instantly crashing, but without generating a bug message.

Try to open up Dream Maker or Dream Daemon. If you can get onto either of those, you should be able to find the build number. If those don't open either, the installation is most definitely the problem.

In either case I'd uninstall BYOND, re-download it from the site, and do a fresh reinstallation. If you haven't already yet, I also recommend rebooting the computer--I've noticed that sometimes when my system gets low on memory, apps may fail to start in much the same way you're describing.

Lummox JR
When i try open Dream Maker nothing happens (same results at Byond.exe)
When i try open Dream Daemon appears a alert box written: 'An attempt to perform an illegal operation." and after that a window appears asking for me send a error report.

I'm reinstalled my BYOND a several times. I'm download it from the site eight times. I'm rebooted my computer sometimes too.
In response to Ahdriel
Well, since Dream Daemon throws a (visible) error, it should be next to certain that the installation you're running has problems.

Does any other software on your computer suffer similar problems? Did you check for a virus on your system?
Do you have the latest graphic card and DirectX drivers installed?
I don't have this problems with other software.
Yes and i don't have a virus in my computer.
Yes, they are up-to-date.
In response to Ahdriel
What is the error (if you click on details) that is reported upon opening Dream Daemon?
Did you erase the registry entries that come with BYOND before trying to reinstall?
How about the second BYOND folder in your settings folder?
Did you erase it before reinstalling?
When i click in Details appears:
'AppName: dreamdaemon.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: mfc42.dll
ModVer: 6.2.4131.0 Offset: 00007ded'
I erase the registry entries a several times (using a program called 'RevoUninstaller'.
I installed Byond in various folders (i don't have more than 1 BYOND installed in my computer).
I erase everything before reinstalling.
In response to Ahdriel
I'll try to get Lummox JR to have a look at this, though no warranties, as he's *very* busy with the update right now. If you spot him on the pager, it might help to give him a little ping ;)
In response to Ahdriel
I'm still not sure you got a proper full install. Usually a crash-on-open is a sure sign of a file not being installed properly, or an old file being left behind from a previous install but not overwritten. Questions I would have at this point are:

1) Did you try downloading BYOND again to make sure you didn't just get a broken download?

2) Are you installing the program with an administrator account?

The latter seems like a likely avenue of investigation because mfc42.dll is used by BYOND and the installer puts it in your system directly. If for some reason it couldn't, or the file did not install quite fully, that could be the whole problem.

Lummox JR
Yes. I download BYOND about a 10 times (now).
Yes, i'm using a administrator account.

I'm search the archive mfc42.dll and i don't found it, what i have to do? This archive are hidden or don't exists in my computer?
In response to Ahdriel
You should reply to Lummox JR, not to me, since he's way more familiar with the software suite.
In response to Lummox JR
Yes. I download BYOND about a 10 times (now).
Yes, i'm using a administrator account.

I'm search the archive mfc42.dll and i don't found it, what i have to do? This archive are hidden or don't exists in my computer?