-GeForce FX 5200
-Integraded RAMDAC
-128.0 MB
-1024x768 (32bit)(72Hz)
-Plud and Play monitor

Game Hub/Link: http://www.byond.com/games/Fint/Pokemon
Internet Connection Type: Cable

Firewalls/Routers: None.

Problem Description: Well. This happens to me 2nd time! Once in Feb, and now in Oct... But then I had problem whit the "Connected to World". I managed to fix it but now I got problem whit.. So.. The loading stuck at "Connecting to Byond://174.143.156.20:80..." Then after a time (~2-5 mins) it closes and nothing happens... Weird, but every other games are working, and even my friends can enter the game (However some of them got nearly the same problem)! Got any clue?

Steps to Reproduce Problem: Log in--> Games -->Pokemon Citrine Online.
Yes, there are likely issues when trying to communicate with the server, such as a good deal of package loss.
It's nothing you could change in BYOND.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Uhm... sooooo what should I do? Wait?
In response to TigerSaber
Well, I'd suggest trying to contact the administrative team and the host of said game.
Already did! :D They are my good friends too! (I am even one of the testers of the game)! One of them said to wait.. I even asked Fint (The admin) for help, just waiting for response! I was just interested that somebody of you knows anything about this, and can help! A lot people got these kind of connection problems so I tough that you guys got more exp in this! :D
My guess would be routing issues, which you could see and test by using a graphical ping utility to ping the server over some longer period of time.
But as you mentioned, the issue is not global with BYOND but game/ host specific, so it is likely kind of not BYOND but connection specific.
Ok.. managed to go further by re-installing BYOND and now it only stucks at Connected to World.. again.. XD.. but it's still closer to the game! I'll tried the "cfg" trick ( That's how I managed to fix this problem in February) but now somehow it doesn't want to work!

(Geez, always when I manage to fix a problem... a new come -.-)

Ohh.. and I see this help in a lot topic: byond://67.207.147.44:6031... well.. I can't connect to it! It says it's failed!
TigerSaber wrote:
(...)I'll tried the "cfg" trick (...) but now somehow it doesn't want to work!

That would be because it is no trick.
This only helps if your configuration got screwed up, which should then result in issues for all and not just one game.

TigerSaber wrote:
Ohh.. and I see this help in a lot topic: byond://67.207.147.44:6031... well.. I can't connect to it! It says it's failed!

That is because it does not help at all and was never meant to. It was meant as easy means of diagnose for me (to see if a low resource, no map game would cause issues, since this will not rely on hardware acceleration).
The fact you can not connect is simple, the server moved to a new IP.
Thats true! Fint said it that there will be a new server! Hmmm... When this happened last time in February, he changed the server to some kind of Shell Server! Now again changed to a new server... Yea! This must be it.. That's why only Citrine is not working! Can't connect to the new IP.. Thanks! ... Any clue how to do it?
In response to Norbert Hawk
What happens if you ping that server?
(Open a DOS shell and type ping 174.143.156.20)
I'll tell it, after I found out where is that DOS Shell! XD (I am not that Software genius! Only know install, uninstall, download, use, bugs, glitches and ect.. nothing deeper..)
Sooo... Where can I found that DOS Shell, please?
I would of tell you, if I'd know what sort of operating system you're using.
It's on the first page! :D Windows XP!
I wasn't aware that TigerSaber and Norbert Hawk are the same person and thus could not know that you've posted your OS already, sorry.

Start -> Run -> cmd should open a DOS shell
Thanks! :D And about the 2 account: The TigerSaber is a bit old one, maybe 2 years old! And recently I changing to my new account Norbert_Hawk! And... even forgot that I got it here too! XD Really...Doesn't even noticed that I logged in whit Norbert Hawk now!! XD

Ohh THAT a DOS Shell!? XD I Already opened it before, but as a Hungarian, we call it Parancssor (Order Queue)!

Here are the report:

Here are the statistic of Ping 174.143.156.20:
Packages: Sent=4, Received= 4, Lost=0 <0% loss>,
Travel time in milliseconds:
Min = 155ms, Max = 163ms, Average = 159ms

And you can connect to any other BYOND game but this?
Yep! And I not the only one! Currently ~2-4 friends got the same problem! ( Not much from ~40 players, but still...)
Uhm, it doesn't make much sense, when you can ping the server just fine.
Could you try to join the server and right when you do that ping it (and keep pinging till the connection fails).
This will be problem... the joining stucks in a sec! It's do the connect to BYOND, Dream Seaker, and stucks at Connected to World... Doesn't even reach the loading/downloading! And this happens in 1-2 sec! Faster then the pinging! Trying to Ping even under the "Connecting to World", but nothing changes! A bit faster (whit a few ms) in overall while trying to connect, but not any other difference. Even tried it reverse! Same..

Fint said something about Ports:
"Btw the shell server is hosted on Port 80, which is a pretty standard internet port.
See if that might be the problem."
(Note: This problem first occurred when the Shell Server was on...gone when the server changed back)

And the connection doesn't fail... just.. stuck:
http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad241/Tornado_Hawk/ fail.jpg

This is what it shows until it closes by itself...
I didn't even realise it was on port 80 until you told me.
That is a rather stupid thing to do, given that port 80 is officially reserved for TCP/UDP HTTP.
Normally, you'd be advised to use a non registered port in the above 1024 range.

It might be that you're running sort of protective software, such as a firewall that sees you connecting to a non HTTP protocol on port 80 and assumes a virus has managed to claim access on this transfer.

You could ask Fint to host a test server on the shell on e.g. port 4711 and then try to connect there.
If it works, you'd know the source of your issues.
Page: 1 2