ID:293952

When ever i log into my account and try to join a game, it should that I'm guest. I tried logging onto dream daemon is there come up:

Logging in.....
BYOND pager is offline. Connecting as Guest.

but on my pager it says:

Logged in as Addoman[Public]

Any help
Greetings Addoman.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
BYOND Build Number: 454.1036
Operating System:
Window vista home premium
server pack 2
pentium(R) duel-core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz
3.00GB RAM
32-bit operating sytem

Video/Graphics Card: DirectX10
Inter(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset
Intrer Corporation
Inter(R)4 series Express Chipset family
Internal
1294 MD
1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
genetic PnP monitor

Game Hub/Link: Every Game I try to join

Internet Connection Type:broadband with wireless this but on this we dont use the wireless. Its connected to the broadband with ethernet wire.

Firewalls/Routers: AVG firewall

Problem Description:
When ever i log into my account and try to join a game, it shows that I'm a guest. I tried logging onto dream daemon is there come up:

Logging in.....
BYOND pager is offline. Connecting as Guest.

but on my pager it says:

Logged in as Addoman[Public]

this started a week ago. I havnt done anything to it before it happened because it was working fine. i have been playing games on this for almost a month now.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
- i join a game after logging onto the pager
- My account becomes a guest
thats about it, hope you can help
First off, you shouldn't use DreamDaemon to connect but DreamSeeker. Join games directly from the hub. DreamDaemon is for hosting, not joining games.

It appears that your firewall may be blocking the communication between the BYOND Pager and programs such as DreamSeeker and DreamDaemon. This causes you to login as a Guest on any BYOND game you try to join.

Try configuring your firewall to allow both the byond.exe program as well as the dreamseeker.exe program to have full access. They need to be able to talk with each other as well as with computers on the internet. Right now it seems that they can talk with computers on the internet just fine, but not with each other.
In response to Android Data
how do i do that, i just got avg firewall and i dont know anything about it. Plus I am not that good are computers.
On the setting they both are set to:
allow to all.

is this the correct settings for it?
In response to Addoman
Unfortunately, AVG is not within the firewall tutorials and I personally don't use it.
You might try to convince Tiberath to write another Tutorial, or you could try posting in Computers&Technology for advice on AVG.
I got a question,
is dream seeker a different program or is it part of byond now?
cos i can see it on my firewall settings but i cant find it on my computer.
In response to Addoman
There should be a dreamseeker.exe in your bin directory, though, it is not to be executed directly anymore.
Oh there, I still havnt been able to fix the problem. I dont even know how to turn of avh firewall.
In response to Addoman
Since Android Data kind of rushed to a possible problem, I'd like to take things a bit more step by step, if I may.

First of all, did BYOND ever work for you?
If so, what did you change around the time when it stopped working?
Could you please try to carefully go through all ten steps of this article (including cfg)?
ok there is no byond folder in the appdata. it says i should try recreating the folderbut how do i do that, because if i make new folder it will have nothing in it.
In response to Addoman
You forgot to answer on the important first question in my posting.
Has BYOND ever worked for you?
If the answer is no, there would naturally be no such folder, as it is only created 'on the fly', soon as you log on BYOND the first time.

If the answer would be yes, then I'd say search for 'BYOND'-folder globally on your HDD. You should find two.
One where you installed BYOND, the other in your own document's.
yes byond use to work. it still work execpt it dont log me in a game as my character but a guest.

Through my firewall options, i can see a byond folder in documents but its not visual in my document. there is another folder in the program files. Which one should do i need to copy?
In response to Addoman
How did you search for the folders?
If you used the 'Explorer', did you set to see hidden documents/folders?
You should be able to properly see the folder first before we progress and try to figure out what went astray.

What exactly do you see in your firewall options?
I would not have guessed that you'd see and set up specific folders there.
dont worry now, i fixed it. well basically, i couldnt see the folder in my document. But on avg firewall when you try to add and new program to be enabled, it goes through your whole computers so you can open folders and until you find a program i want. I cant could see the byond folder faded in my document. so i manually made a folder in %appdata% and started adding the folders to it then making new folder for any other faded folders.

i also add then delected the folder in myu documents, copied the new folder i made and paste in document so i can see it. after i delected that folder then reinstall byond.

when i started byond, it started to download the files in delect to returned to normal.

thanks
In response to Addoman
I can not really follow you there, but if it works for you... I hope everything is fine...
I wish you much luck in the future ;)
Im not a very good writer,but thanks anyway.