BYOND Build Number: IDK
Operating System: Dell
Video/Graphics Card: N/A
Game Hub/Link:IDK
Internet Connection Type: Satellite
Firewalls/Routers: no problems

Problem Description: problems hosting server other than the obvious reasons

Steps to Reproduce Problem:

For starters, I have downloaded it and my computers not trying to block the program. On dream Daemon it says its hosted and it also shows up on the server list for the game. The problem says its " loading Server Configuration..."
I cant join the server which I guess means theres cannot join it either. I also just updated BYOND not even 5 minutes ago so its not that.
Any and all help is much appreciated.
Thank you for your time
P.S.
says connection failed when I try to join my server
Greetings DoubleLegger.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

As for the details, the Build number is rather important when dealing with problems on BYOND and Dell is not a Operating System. The Games HUB would be essential in this case, for the volunteers to try and download the game, to reproduce the error.
Even if you claim that the firewall and router causes no trouble, there is a problem and it still could be related to this part of your configuration, so please include it.

Your explanation lacks some points as well.
You mention downloading 'it'. - Where did you download and how?
As you ensure your computer is not 'trying to block the program', I have to wonder - How do you know?
The description mentions 'loading Server Configuration...' - Where is this displayed and what does the administration/manual/FAQ of the game state on the topic?

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
BYOND Build Number: My build number is 457.1049

Operating System: windows XP ( version 5.1 service pack 3)

Video/ Hraphics Card: intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset

Game Hub/Link: http://www.byond.com/games/Falacy/ DragonBallZHeroesUnited?tab=live

Internet Connection Type: Hughes Net Elite Package

Firewalls/Routers: I have a router and a modem. The modem is one that hughes net gave us, and the router is a belkin enhanced wireless router.
As for the firewall, I doubt its that because im able to play the game, just am having problems with hosting the server.

Problem Description: Last night, I updated my Byond software and figured I would try to host my own server since I now have high speed. I opened Dream Daemon and figured out how to host it by bringing up the download file and pressing go. I also click it as a trusted security.
When I went to the hub, my server was there and beside join, it said "[Loading Server Configuration...]"
It will not let me join my server in any way even by running dream seeker through my pager. The game comes up but in the text box it says connection failed.
It will let me join other games without problems.

I apologize for not following your template, I hope this sheds some light on my problem.
Thank you for answering my post.
I searched the games forum and could find nothing about my problem.

In response to DoubleLegger
Now that I had all the information that I needed, I could reproduce the error.
It is a problem specific to the game in question, as it seems everybody can attempt to download and host a game, but soon as you try to join, the game automatically closes.
My guess would be a lousy implementation of a restriction (e.g. only subscribers being able to host), which should have been done through overriding world.OpenPort() and additionally, checking the 'Only subscribers may download' option, though, as this is a fangame, subscriptions might be a tricky topic.

You can check and ensure that it is solely a specific game issue by hosting and joining Castle, which should work right away.

On how to resolve the problem... you'll have to contact the administrative team of the game in question and query on how to set up the game, or how to get white-listed.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Thank you for helping me out here, i appreciate your time :)
Ill have to wait until 1-6 to download castle so I dont fill up my threshold. So when I do download it, ill let you know what happens.
Until then, thank you very much sir
In response to DoubleLegger
You're welcome and I hope I can/could help.
I did choose Castle since it is rather slim and I know it works. Since I am not allowed to host the game you encountered trouble with either, trying to host that is just an additional security measure, to ensure that your firewall/router properly forward ports and have the exceptions set (which I know is the case for me).
Btw. incoming and outgoing connections are very different for a firewall, so being able to play a game does not relate to being able and host it.
In any case, you will have to contact DBZ:HU's administration to get instructions.