ID:293976

BYOND Build Number:458.1050
Operating System: Windows 7
Video/Graphics Card: nVIDIA
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type: DSL/Wireless
Firewalls/Routers: Kaspersky/Linksys

Problem Description: I have basically tried everything on the help forums and i still have this problem, the problem is The Pager joins games on the Guest account, but on the bottom it says that i am public/online, I need help on how to fix this because this has been going on all week, Thanks in advance.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
From the sound of it, I take it that it had been working properly for you before?
Did it change together with a BYOND update?
The symptom you're describing much sounds like DreamSeeker can not communicate with your pager. The reason is an 'aggressive' firewall in most 99.9% of all cases.
Some firewalls have a 'stupid' setting to check 'version hash values', which basically means that if you update a program, you have to correct the security settings for that program again, more often than not.

Or in other words, please check all of your firewalls to allow the important BYOND executables full communication.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Well It was working with the updated version till last week on Sunday and i havnt been able to fix it since i have tried the firewall and that didnt work BYOND And DreamSeeker are trusted programs on my Firewall and it still logs me in as Guest but it tells me the Pager is Offline now logging in as Guest but im [Public] but i can double check
In response to DarkShadic
Could you have installed an additional 'security software' by that time? Because, as you said yourself, BYOND worked just like intended before. The fact that you are logged in on the pager, but are listed as guest in games leaves little room for error. Your DreamSeeker instance can't communicate properly with the pager and there has to be a reason for that.