ID:293997

BYOND Build Number: 459.1051
Operating System: Windows 7
Video/Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800
Game Hub/Link: byond://76.118.145.95:25710
Internet Connection Type: Broadband/DSL
Firewalls/Routers: Integrated Windows Firewall/Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS

Problem Description: I can log into the BYOND client, and then when I try to connect to this address to play, it says "Connecting to byond://76.118.145.95:25710...failed." However, I can connect to any other server I try. On my other computer, I can connect to this server without any problems. I have tried clearing the cache, deleting the cache folder, turning the firewall off, opening the port, reinstalling BYOND, rewnewing my IP, and trying a different key.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: Log in, try to connect.
Could you have been banished on that one server?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I'll check with the host, but I honestly don't think that's the case. I have never connected to that IP using the connection I have now.
In response to Dark_sniper5
Well, there are only so many reasons for such a problem...

Dark_sniper5 wrote:
I can connect to any other server I try.

That automatically means it's nothing wrong with BYOND, as it's either all or nothing.

Dark_sniper5 wrote:
On my other computer, I can connect to this server without any problems.

If both computers are on the same network, it means the network can reach the remote server. You can double check and ping the server on the Laptop though to ensure that no local software (e.g. Firewall) is (strangely) blocking the connection.

If the connection works, it means that likely enough the server is denying you access.
Well, I finally got in contact with the host. As odd as it sounds, I'm not on the ban list.
And what did they state would be the likely source of the problem? Since they have some neat diagnostic measures such as ping disabled for their servers, it would be up to them to resolve the situation.
The host said they weren't sure what the problem is, and couldn't provide any insight on what to do.
Well, it's their server and they choose to disable diagnostic functionality such as ping. In other words, I'm sorry, but without their cooperation, there is nothing I can think of.
Well, I just discovered that it's something with the network. The laptop I mentioned before was SUPPOSED to be on the same network, but it somehow got connected to another one in the area, and when I connected it to mine, I was unable to connect.
Which is exactly why I said enabling diagnostic functionality such as ping on the host server might shed some light on the problem.