Approx. Total Memory: 1695MB
Game Hub/Link:
byond://76.115.221.57:8000
Internet Connection Type:
Wireless/Wifi Connection
Firewalls/Routers:
Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
Problem Description:
For some odd reason, I have been experiencing problems logging into any BYOND gaming server while I am logged into a key. The games all join without any issue when I simply join as a guest.

I've tried:

-Reinstalling Byond
-Deleting CFG and Cache Folders; Individual parts within these folders
-Restarting Computer
-Turning off firewall

Steps to Reproduce Problem:

I'm not sure what "reproduces" the problem, seeing as it consistently happens and I'm not sure why.

1.)I login to a key, try to join a game, and the launcher simply says connecting to "", or "launching game" and then disappears after a few seconds.<br/> <br/> 2.) If I logout of the key and join a game using the address or a bookmark, or from the byond hub on the website it works entirely fine. Loads and launches the game without any flaws.<br/> <br/> <br/> Very rarely, if I mess around with deleting CFG and Cache, and restarting Byond, I can join a game with one of my keys.I'm almost positive the firewall isn't the problem because I've got the same experience with it on and off.<br/> <br/> <br/> <br/> Any experiences with this or suggestions?<br/> <br/> Thanks, <br/> <br/> Reprieve
Please allow me to reiterate what I think you said, in order to ensure that I understood you.

1. When you are logged in on your pager and try to connect to a game, the splash screen just shuts without opening a game window, or displaying an error message.
  2. If you are connecting as guest, you can connect just fine.
  3. This behaviour is persistent through all games.

Did I get all three points correct?
Did this behaviour occur after an update to BYOND or chance to your computer?
Can you join Chatters (no map, low download)?
You mention that the behaviour sometimes changes after clearing the cache, when do the problems start again?

In response to Schnitzelnagler
I was able to join Chatters, but only as a guest once again.

Yes, to all three of your above statements.

I'm not sure if clearing the cache actually is the cause of the problem being fixed temporarily because I honestly clear it like 5-10 times while restarting byond and logging in and out of various keys. I've tried to pinpoint a certain working solution I can use consistently but have had no luck so far.

The problems starts again after being fixed when I disconnect from the game it originally joined or attempt to reconnect on it. After I manage to join with a key though, all keys and games seem to work though.

I hadn't updated anything before the problem appeared. Installing the newest version of Byond didn't resolve it, nor did deleting everything and installing it fresh.

In response to Reprieve
This sounds as if you're clearing the cache/changing the cfg while you pager is running?
Yeah, though I only started doing this a while AFTER the problem appeared. I've tried doing it both while the Pager is open and while Byond is exited.
In response to Reprieve
You should *never* do that while the pager is running. You can (and might already have) cause(d) serious damage this way.

As for your problem, when the Dream Seeker logs you in as guest despite the pager running you as logged in key, it is a communication issue between the two. This could either be a malformated cfg/cache, or a firewall interfering.

Are you sure that you do not have any other security software running that could prevent communication between DS and the pager?
Well, to my knowledge no. I'm running Avira Anti-virus and Windows Firewall with Advanced Security but that's it, and I've tried without success to fix the problem by turning all components of them off.

Strangely throughout today I had a bit of luck and was able to use my keys if I was persistent.

It's kinda a mystery...Possibly it has something to do with the network I'm using which is the wireless in my college dorms. I just never had problems before though.
In response to Reprieve
And you are sure that the pager shows you as 'Logged in as Reprieve [Public]', and not 'Logged in as Reprieve [Offline]' when you're connecting?
Yes, the Pager shows me as online every time I attempt to log-in with a key. I've never had an issue with an offline Pager.
In response to Reprieve
If you try to host a game yourself, do others manage to join?