ID:294017

BYOND Build Number:461
Operating System:Microsoft XP
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:Naruto GOA
Internet Connection Type:LAN
Firewalls/Routers:Microsoft firewall, rogers online protection

Problem Description:Super lag when I'm playing games.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:clear cache and tried going to the article where i deleted my catch folder or rename my cfg folder but i don't understand this step: Check the value of the "User Directory" and navigate to that folder.
Are you getting pings of like 11 seconds to 90 seconds, or even a few minutes??
Zabuza177 wrote:
(...)i don't understand this step: Check the value of the "User Directory" and navigate to that folder.

If you followed the previous steps, you should be in the Advanced section of the pagers Preference menu, which contains a field called 'User directory'. You should note this down and manually navigate there with your explorer.
In response to Saucepan Man
I did follow instructions but when i made it to that one i got stumped and when you say navigate there through explorer do you mean go to "My Documents" and I'm getting Minutes of lag.
In response to Zabuza177
There should be a text in the 'User Directory' field, which should describe the exact path to a directory. That is where you should go to.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
OK thanks everything is working perfectly so far.
In response to Zabuza177
BYOND Build Number:461
Operating System:Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:Naruto GOA, Duel Monsters Unlimited, Paradise City and possibly others.
Internet Connection Type:LAN
Firewalls/Routers:Windows Firewall, Rogers Online Protection.

Problem Description:Epic Lag when I'm trying to enjoy a game.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:I tried following the steps that say go to my "User Directory" folder and delete the Cache folder and even tried renaming the cfg folder to cfg_old but after one day of it working it went back to normal. I also tried restarting my computer.
In response to Zabuza177
When you open a DOS shell (Window-key+r, type cmp, click ok) and ping the server's IP (I'd need a specific server to help you find the IP, if you don't know hoe to get it), what are your results?
uh i don't understand what i am suppose to do.
In response to Zabuza177
If your keyboard has a 'window'-key, hit window and r, else select 'Start'->'Run...'.
Then type cmd in the text box that should have appeared and click ok.
Another (black) box should appear, called a DOS shell.
There you would type ping IP, where IP would be replaced by the IP of the server you're encountering lag.
Hit enter and let me know the results.

If you are unsure on how to get the server's IP, you'll have to tell me which server you're trying to play.
when i enter "ping IP "it says "Ping request could not find host IP. Please check the name and try again". I'm still using the GUEST account that i talked about it my last Problem report topic, maybe that's why if you need me to i will try to access the account that has the administrative privileges.
In response to Zabuza177
I'm sorry for the late reply.
I had some severe trouble with my computer and couldn't get on-line any earlier.

I think you didn't fully read the text that I wrote.

Schnitzelnagler wrote:
There you would type ping IP, where IP would be replaced by the IP of the server you're encountering lag.

You have to replace IP by the actual server IP.
As I said,

Schnitzelnagler wrote:
If you are unsure on how to get the server's IP, you'll have to tell me which server you're trying to play.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:

OK do i tell you the server of the game? if yes i think i can find it but for now i will find it and use it but i just want to know if I'm correct.
In response to Zabuza177
Any unique reference which allows me to connect to the server/find the server would be fine.
Sorry internet was down and never mind this topic it was just the server that was laggy.