ID:294019

When I was new to development on BYOND, I remember being cautioned about what happens with my .src file. Since then, I've sort of lived by that code; and never done any research to find out.

So, I'm curious, what can be done with a person's .src and .dmb files? Can anything malicious be done?

I just figured I'd better enlighten myself, instead of going on old hunches and words of advice from strangers.
Uhm, sorry, but did you mean '.rsc', instead of '.src' by chance?

What did you intend to ask? I'm not sure what 'what can be done' is supposed to refer to. Maybe what the file contains?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Woops, yes I did mean .rsc. My bad, I wrote it when I was a little tired (and apparently a little dyslexic).

Well, I've always been cautioned that malicious things could be done with both the .dmb and .rsc files. I've never been certain of what, though, if anything.

More or less, it would be helpful I guess to know what exactly the two files contain.
In response to Nightmare3
In non programmer lingo, the .rsc contains all the resources required to run a game (graphic, music,...) and the .dmb contains the instructions on what the game should do (bytecode). If you're running a game in save/ultrasave mode, you should be rather secured against malicious actions.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Alright, I gotcha.

Thanks for the help, I was just curious about specifics, I suppose.

Have a good night.