BYOND Build Number:
Operating System:
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:
Firewalls/Routers:
Windows XP firewall has already been configured to allow access to BYOND
Problem Description:
I just started my account yesterday, and so far the only game I've played is Naruto: Next Generation. It worked fine all day yesterday, and into the night as well. I tried to start it up around midday today, and it opens like usual, except it says at the bottom "Connection failed" before it even initiates anything. One time it also said "Guest keys are not allowed." The icons in the top left are blank, and the screen remains completely black, as do all of the other information boxes. I have a screenshot of my problem at http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/6439/byondguestkeys.jpg
This problem has occurred on multiple different computers.
Incidentally, I just tried opening a different game, and that worked. I think the problem may be that the game isn't recognizing my key, but I don't know how to fix that.

I also noticed that when I open the Options and Messages screen, it says it's downloading but is stuck at 8000/38795 bytes.
Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Open "Naruto: Next Generation" from favorite list on BYOND.
Can you please give me a direct link to the hub page of the game you're trying to play?
In response to Tiberath
I'm not sure if this is it or not, but it says I'm connecting to byond://96.249.147.16:12203.
In response to ReedMcC
That's the server, not the hub page.
In response to Tiberath
I hate to ask this, but how do I find the hub address? Thanks for being so patient.
In response to ReedMcC
ReedMcC wrote:
I hate to ask this, but how do I find the hub address? Thanks for being so patient.

The hub page is the place on the website where you join the games from. For instance: http://www.byond.com/games/tiberath/isorath is a hub page for one of my games.
In response to Tiberath
In response to ReedMcC
Well, I was able to download the resources and login, so nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Try following the steps in this article to clear the BYOND Cache.

Let me know how things go after that.
In response to Tiberath
I did that a while ago, and did it again just now. I even tried downloading BYOND on a friend's computer and accessing it from there. Still the same result.
In response to ReedMcC
It seems the game doesn't allow Guest logins. Are you sure you're logged in with a BYOND key?

The default settings of BYOND cause you to automatically login with the Guest key if the client couldn't connect to the pager. Try disabling this option (in the pager: File -> Preferences menu. In the Games tab, uncheck "Login to games as Guest if the pager is not running").

There are three possible causes for this problem as I see it:
1) You're connecting with the Guest key because you didn't open the pager yet.
2) You did open the pager and you're logged in with your normal key, but a firewall on your computer is blocking the communication between the client and the pager.
3) "Naruto: Next Generation" may have hit its player cap. Not too sure about this one, but I vaguely remember the "guest logins not allowed" error to be displayed if the maximum amount of players allowed on a server was reached. In this case it's not an issue with BYOND but with the game itself, and you should report it on their forum.

I would like to stress that although I'm giving option #3 here I am not certain that this is the issue. As I said, I vaguely remember that was the case some time ago but given the lack of progress in some of the games on BYOND I'm not surprised if such a glitch was overlooked.

Try changing the default settings as I suggested. That way, BYOND will complain itself instead of falling back on the Guest key to log you in.
In response to Android Data
I'm thinking there's an issue with the game itself. The hub page when I saw it had a server with zero people online, but the waiting list for the game had a good 20+ users in it. This seems odd to me.
In response to Tiberath
I found out what the problem was. Apparently I had broken some rule (I am still trying to figure out what rule that was so I can avoid breaking it in the future) and an admin had banned my IP address. Thank both of you guys for being so helpful, though. It was great to be able to get such speedy and thoughtful responses on a help forum like this, and I appreciate your patience and professionalism! Happy New Year!
I'm currently having the same problem while trying to access Cowed (http://www.byond.com/games/w12w/cowed) from a school computer, but I was able to access it from another computer, with, to my knowledge, has the exact same configuration. Windows firewall is shut down by default here, and the Options and Messages dialog sais that the pager is offline, while I started it from the pager.
In response to 14mRh4X0r
You should provide the same details (template) the OP provided.
When you sign in on the pager, does it state that you've gone public?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
BYOND Build Number:
461.1054 and 460.1052

Operating System:
Windows XP Professional.

Video/Graphics Card:
Intel something, but it doesn't matter

Game Hub/Link:
See my previous post

Internet Connection Type:
Quick. (IDK Exactly)

Firewalls/Routers:
School router, does not block outgoing or established connections. Unlimited connectivity within the network.

Problem Description:
Like I stated in my previous post.
And yes, it states that I've gone public.
Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Start any game from the pager at that specific pc at my school.
In response to 14mRh4X0r
This would hint at a firewall preventing DreamSeeker from communicating with the pager.
Does this problem occur for every game or just for some?
it woun't even load up it won't let me on no games and can't even get on my pager when u get the mesage repal inmedely bc its been going on for about 5 1\2 weaks now
In response to BC SMID
I am sorry, but are you the original thread starter on another key?
And couldn't you take the time to create a decent posting in proper English, since as it is now, I'm left clueless what your problem would be without further details.