ID:294036

Well, I have a specific group of people on my Pager who I don't want to see me online, but the problem is that I want to remain public (I host for a game, and when people see my key on, they know to come in as the server is up and running, however, setting my pager to Private would disable this occurrence and kill some of my game's traffic). So, I tired pagerbanning them individually, but they still seem to see me online.

Is there any way to stop individual peoples' ability to see me online via the Pager? I'll be happy with anything that doesn't make me appear off my game's HUB page when im on.
Pager banning will do the trick. I just tested it with another user.

However, being short on time, my testing parameters was simply to pager ban the user. Then exit my pager for a minute or two, and log back in. He wasn't able to see me when I came back online.
Pager banning someone should prevent them from seeing you online on the BYOND Pager itself, however it's still possible to track you if they visit your members page (whether you're a BYOND Member or not).
In response to Android Data
Android Data wrote:
Pager banning someone should prevent them from seeing you online on the BYOND Pager itself, however it's still possible to track you if they visit your members page (whether you're a BYOND Member or not).

Wow, BYOND should work on that. Most people won't check their instead of the pager, but the devoted (such as the users described in my situation) make that a big hole in privacy.

It should be set to where, when you ban someone from your site or what have you, it also blocks all communication and traffic from that user when viewing any of your public information (such as if you're online or not).

Anyway, thanks Data and Tiberath.
In response to MortalMorz
MortalMorz wrote:
It should be set to where, when you ban someone from your site or what have you, it also blocks all communication and traffic from that user when viewing any of your public information (such as if you're online or not).

Data has already forwarded that suggestion to the powers that be (because of your post, in fact). I'll let you know if any news on the suggestion comes up.