ID:294057

When i try to log in all i get is a blank message with a x
Greetings Gogeta2136.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
BYOND Build Number: 462.1057
Operating System: Windows xp
Video/Graphics Card: Not sure
Internet Connection Type: Wired
Firewalls/Routers: norton 360 but i change it to allow byond, dream seeker and dream daemon. router linksys
In response to Gogeta2136
Please uninstall BYOND (use the uninstall executable instead of just erasing some files!), then manually search for a remaining BYOND folder on your hard disc. If you find a remaining folder, ensure that it contains a sub folder named 'skins'. If it does, manually delete the complete BYOND folder.

Then reinstall the latest BYOND version, but ensure that you are using administrative privileges and carefully watch for any error messages.

Thank you in advance.
still not working
In response to Gogeta3136
You found the folder I named and manually erased it after uninstalling BYOND? And there were no notes during the installation of BYOND? You were signed on as administrator?
Is it still the same content-less message box?
yes yes yes and yes
Could you please file a detailed bug report (including the graphics card, your OS service pack, and your internet connection this time).
Thank you in advance.
ok i posted a bug report
A bug report is premature because there is nothing that is testable, nothing that we can possibly try to reproduce.

I think the user simply needs to reboot his system. Blank message boxes are a hallmark of the system running out of resources. It may also indicate another app interfering with normal operations.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Well umm i can't login to byond it keep's logging me in as guest and when i goto my folder and try to look at the pager.txt it says the file is corrupted and un-readable Help
In response to Lummox JR
Nevermind I Fixed It All I did Was Delete My Corupted Pager.txt File And Bam
still not working :(