ID:294064

BYOND Build Number:
Operating System:windows xp
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:anygame
Internet Connection Type:
Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description:when i try to login to any game, as i hit join a window pops up that says something like "windows can not find (address)" when i hit ok it then says
"can't open the helper the application for (address) the protocol specified in this adress is not valid, make sure it is correct and try again"
i never had the problem before, my firewall lets byond through, and again this is the same for all games.
i hope you can help.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Greetings Homerun.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
BYOND Build Number:462.105
Operating System:windows xp
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:any game
Internet Connection Type:
Firewalls/Routers:Windows Firewall/linksys

Problem Description:as soon as i hit the join link on any game a window pops up that says something like

"windows can not find (address)"
when i hit the ok a new window pops up that says

"can't open the helper the application for (address)
the protocol specified in this adress is not valid, make sure it is correct and try again"

i never had this kind of problem before, a few mounths ago i had to update my version of byond to play the games. it could not find the address or file for any game and all the versions of byond i updated to after that still would not let me on. my firewall lets byond through, and again this is the same for all games.
i hope you can help.
In response to Homerun
Please use the 'uninstall.exe', afterwards, try to find the one remaining BYOND folder manually. Ensure that it contains a sub folder named 'skins'.
If it does, delete the complete BYOND folder you found.
Reboot your computer.
Then reinstall BYOND from scratch. Ensure that you are running with administrative privileges and that there are no error messages during the installation process.

If the error persists, please check for any malicious software (virus/trojan/adware) on your system.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
thank you so much, this worked well i must have been missing some files.