ID:294069

BYOND Build Number:462.1057
Operating System:windows xp media
Video/Graphics Card:n/a
Game Hub/Link:n/a
Internet Connection Type:DSL
Firewalls/Routers:windows default firewalls/ westell 6100 router

Problem Description:BYOND Pager is not loading up the Games and Friends Tab, it is stuck on the Home Tab and at the bottom left hand corner of the Window, it says "Logged in as Johnsontao1 [Offline]". I have tried everything i could think of. i checked the firewall to see if it was excepeted which it was,deleted cache and renamed the cfg folder.when i pinged the hub.byond.com, i got a request has timed out and i have no clue on what to do. please help
Steps to Reproduce Problem:
no idea
First of all, please restart your computer.

Now, could you please ping:
  1. hub.byond.com
  2. byond1.byond.com
  3. 67.228.127.154

Please report back with results.
Thank you in advance.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
for all three of them i got a request had timed out
In response to Johnsontao1
Just to ensure that it is not a firewall issue, did you try to disable the firewall completely for a minute?

Out of curiosity, what's the result if you ping 67.228.127.155?
when i ping 67.228.127.155 i got a request timed out. i also disabled firewall and tried to log in yet it still won't work. i also found 2 cfg folders
Johnsontao1 wrote:
when i ping 67.228.127.155 i got a request timed out.

This would actually point at some software, or your router being the main problem here.
67.228.127.155 is the BYOND homepage, which you obviously can access, as you've successfully submitted this posting. Thus it seems likely that there is a filter applied that restricts both the ports ping and BYOND use. It could even be your ISP, though this seems unlikely, given that even ping is being blocked.
so what should i do if it's the router since i didn't install any new software?
Unfortunately I can not provide you with decent instructions here. Can you play other (non BYOND) on-line games?
i can play flash games online such as cartoonetwork
And how about games that are not played in a browser (since these might base on port 80/8080)? I'm trying to evaluate if you encounter a bottleneck on the route, or if a special port is blocked from your network, though the bottleneck seems rather unlikely given the results.
i just tried playing maplestory and it was blocked
Well, in that case, the problem is obviously either with your router, firewall or ISP. If I were able to play these games earlier and changed nothing around your computer, I'd contact your ISP.
If you changed something, try to trace back what change triggered the difference in behaviour.
i'm guessing it was my router configuration file but somehow it won't allow me to change it
Well, not much I could advise you there, unless to search on-line, browse the manual and take a call to their customer support if everything else fails.