BYOND Build Number:
Operating System:
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:
Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description:

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
What the F Does that mean BYOND(447.1028) Error: failed to open server port!
Greetings Cloudzack.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Greetings Cloudzack.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.

What do you mean unable to help are you like an admin or soemthing cause if u are u helped create this program and if i know anything you can get me out of it besides theres no other information I just need the problem BYOND(462.1057) Error: failed to open server port! All it says I tried re in stalling Didint work Now i need byonds Help
In response to Cloudzack
Cloudzack wrote:
What do you mean unable to help

You completely ignored the template you were provided when posting. Thus, the volunteers trying to assist you with your problems lack crucial information, such as the BYOND Version, your operating system, your firewall and so on and so forth.
The link in my posting explains why these information is required as well as how to collect it.

Cloudzack wrote:
are you like an admin or soemthing cause if u are u helped create this program

Neither. I'm a volunteer, like a lot of others around these forums, but we do not need to be administrators in order to guide you through a problem. A mechanic can fix your car even though he hasn't built it.

Cloudzack wrote:
All it says I tried re in stalling Didint work Now i need byonds Help

As Lummox JR advised, take your time. Provide detailed and clear information. There is no need to haste on a forum, but computer problems require detailed knowledge instead of sheer guess work.
BYOND Build Number:
Operating System:
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description:

this doesent Help i need someones advice on what to do If i change my router will that work
In response to Cloudzack
No. Your router has nothing to do with your problem as Lummox JR told you multiple times now and he is one of the administrators and he does create the software, yet you refrain to listen to him and follow his advice.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
No. Your router has nothing to do with your problem as Lummox JR told you multiple times now and he is one of the administrators and he does create the software, yet you refrain to listen to him and follow his advice.

Look I tryed what he told me it didint work out its probilly cause this software is Just messed Up On my computer ok i get it .... or its cause im ban
In response to Boronks23
No, you are not banned.
If you were, the results would be totally and completely different. If your car has a flat wire, that doesn't mean you ran out of gasoline.

Well, it would help if you told me/Lummox JR what exactly you did try, step by step and the results of your attempts in detail.
BYOND Build Number:
Operating System:
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description:

What do you need 2 know bout my Comp Just notife Me :D max
In response to Cloudzack
Despite the fact that the article you've been linked to multiple times now is rather clear on this matter ( http://www.byond.com/members/ BYONDHelp?command=view_post&post=42897 ), it would be a good start to describe when the problem first occurred (if it ever worked as expected and if so, what you did change around the time it ceased to function) and what security software is installed on your computer under which operating system.
In response to Cloudzack
As I said on the developer forums, you need to take the time to write out at length what steps you have tried. Don't feel you have to use perfect English, but it's highly important for the sake of clarity that you make an attempt at meaningful communication and describe the issue in detail and in complete sentences.

All you have to do to fix your problem is reconfigure a firewall or two. If you're having trouble figuring out where to look or if you've tried some configurations that didn't work, you have to tell us these things and be clear on what you have already tried. I want to help you. The only thing standing in the way of fixing your issue is you.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
BYOND Build Number:
Operating System:
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description:

Tell me all the Info I have to Provide Please
In response to Cloudzack
You have been linked to detailed information as to how to properly fill out the template multiple times now. Lummox JR told you to take your time and read what others are requesting, then again, taking your time to properly respond.
You have been warned to reply to the thread instead of cluttering the forum with just creating a new thread with each new response.
Please, for the sake of allowing us to help you, listen to what the volunteers try to tell you, else communication is senseless.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Despite the fact that the article you've been linked to multiple times now is rather clear on this matter ( http://www.byond.com/members/ BYONDHelp?command=view_post&post=42897 ), it would be a good start to describe when the problem first occurred (if it ever worked as expected and if so, what you did change around the time it ceased to function) and what security software is installed on your computer under which operating system.

Ok well i tryed all those things still didint work but when i go on a diffrent computer it works its weird
In response to Samkiwas
We're either talking about different articles, or you've rather misunderstood the intention behind the article. It is not by any means meant to solve your problem, but it should allow you to do something you haven't done so far, fill out the template and thus provide us with information on how to help you.
Look im not saying this with an attitude
In response to Samkiwas
Neither am I. I'm simply trying to explain why an article that was never meant to solve any problems around your computer doesn't solve any problems around your computer.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Neither am I. I'm simply trying to explain why an article that was never meant to solve any problems around your computer doesn't solve any problems around your compueter

hmm Do u think i should Deleate everything on my Comp
maybeh then it will work cause my friend Had the same problem and he told me unnstall and install then i ttryed it diidint work )= Please i need help so bad

BUild number:http://www.sendspace.com/file/ews8un
In response to Samkiwas
No, and linking to a file is not the solution either.
The article I linked to is rather clear on how to gather and note the right information.

Ultimately, you're problem is with your firewall, as Lummox JR wrote:
All you have to do to fix your problem is reconfigure a firewall or two. If you're having trouble figuring out where to look or if you've tried some configurations that didn't work, you have to tell us these things and be clear on what you have already tried.