ID:294099

Okay, in an attempt to host a server for the anime game Mitadake High (created by Devourer of Souls, not myself) I read the help files, the forums, various websites, even studies port forwarding. With that and several online guides, I got as far as getting the Dream Daemon host box open, got the server running, the game itself open and ready; Unfortunately, it would not publicly display (though it was set to public) and I recieved the following message:
"BYOND hub reports port 64820 cannot be reached by players.

A firewall or router may be interfering with your connection. For information on hosting worlds through a firewall or router, please visit BYOND Help or portforward.com."

It has come to my attention that I am no longer on my home network. I am hosting from my netbook (which has the requirements to host a server) and am apparently connected to someone ELSE'S wireless network. For some reason, I cannot connect to my own. When I try to, it says I am connected, but does not allow me any kind of internet access and not does display any signal bars.
Can ANYONE please please please please PLEASE help me?
Whatever other information you need let me know.
I would be inclined to say that hosting a game should be the least of your concern with that setting.
You should never connect to an insecure/foreign network because this is a direct invitation for malicious users, which can get very expansive.
As for your hosting issue, I'd like to recommend a wired solution. Hosting over wireless networks proves horrible results in most every case and is a lot easier to set up for beginners.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Thank you for your advice, I am most appreciative. The issue has been resolved and I am now hosting a up-and-working server. Now all I have to do is get people to join!

The issue was resolved by connecting to my home network (with some bugs, but I'm connected none the less) and by then opening a port through the router on the main computer of our network.

Thank you ^_^