ID:294102

BYOND Build Number:463.1062
Operating System:XP
Video/Graphics Card:Intel(R)82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Game Hub/Link:none
Internet Connection Type:Wireless
Firewalls/Routers:Allows BYOND

Problem Description:When I open the BYOND Pager it doesn't open up I have to right click it and maximize it how can I make it able to view when its minimized? I have tried restarting my computer and redownloading the newest version and oldest none of them worked.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Start up computer
2. Start up BYOND Pager
I'm not sure that I understand the issue here.
You say that the pager doesn't show up when maximised, but then you state that you right click and maximize the pager to access it?
Could you explain what exactly happens under which conditions?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
I'm not sure that I understand the issue here.
You say that the pager doesn't show up when maximised, but then you state that you right click and maximize the pager to access it?
Could you explain what exactly happens under which conditions?

no I meant when I open it I can't view it when its minimized but I can when I maximize it. What exactly happens is I start up the Pager and I can't view it so I right click it and select Maximize then I can view it but when I minimize it (button left of the red X) I can't anymore.
In response to Jimmyjasy
Hmm, there are actually three states, maximised (taking the complete screen), custom (you can change the size depending on your own preferences) and minimized (not visible unless for the task bar).
So, you see no pager on custom size, right?
When did this problem start?
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Hmm, there are actually three states, maximised (taking the complete screen), custom (you can change the size depending on your own preferences) and minimized (not visible unless for the task bar).
So, you see no pager on custom size, right?
When did this problem start?

oh I thought it was called minimized not custom sorry and it started yesterday
In response to Jimmyjasy
I didn't mean the time it started, but rather what changes to your computer/settings/BYOND directly preceded the problem.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
I didn't mean the time it started, but rather what changes to your computer/settings/BYOND directly preceded the problem.

it started after I downloaded the new version of BYOND but I already have tried re-downloading the old version and it still wasn't working
In response to Jimmyjasy
Did you properly uninstall (using the executable) the old version before installing the new one?
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Did you properly uninstall (using the executable) the old version before installing the new one?

no I just downloaded it
Schnitzelnagler wrote:

ok so I tried doing that but it still isn't working
In response to Jimmyjasy
My guess would be that a registry setting got altered. I've asked for details on where BYOND stores these settings in specific and hope to come back to you with a reply soon (or, as soon as I get a reply myself ;))
In response to Jimmyjasy
Does right-clicking the taskbar and selecting "Tile Windows Horizontally" bring it back onto the visible desktop when the pager is not visible?
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Does right-clicking the taskbar and selecting "Tile Windows Horizontally" bring it back onto the visible desktop when the pager is not visible?

no it dosen't
In response to Jimmyjasy
I'll keep searching.
maybe this video I made will help more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzkNY0Mvzg0
In response to Jimmyjasy
Could you try to delete the pager.txt file in the cfg folder of your BYOND user directory (which can be found by opening the pager "Advanced" preferences). Don't mistake this directory for where you installed BYOND, that is a rather separate beast. Note that BYOND should be closed when deleting the file, so log out, close BYOND, delete the file, and try to open BYOND again.

Thank you in advance.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Could you try to delete the pager.txt file in the cfg folder of your BYOND user directory (which can be found by opening the pager "Advanced" preferences). Don't mistake this directory for where you installed BYOND, that is a rather separate beast. Note that BYOND should be closed when deleting the file, so log out, close BYOND, delete the file, and try to open BYOND again.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks its fixed :D