ID:294105

BYOND Build Number:
Operating System:
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:
Firewalls/Routers:

I am trying to use a GamePad for a BYOND related game. I am having difficulties doing so because as we all know BYOND opens in a URL. The thing is with this game controller on how it works, you load up the software, make a "Profile" Where you have a exe,bat, or com file set along with key settings. For the key settings to work you start the game using this program. I have come close to figuring out how i can do this, by typing C:\Program Files\BYOND\bin\byond.exe and then something else, but this is what i think. what i did was at the end of that i put "name of game" at the end and it tried to boot it up but didnt work. Is there some other method to loading up the program this way? or any other way?:

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Greetings Coleisahollow.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

As in this specific case, it might be better to contact the developer of the software you're using, since it is less of an issue with BYOND, but more of additional software, which might not be supported by BYOND.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
There really isn't any way to get the gamepad working with that particular software, but there is a program called Joy2Key that can be used to map gamepad movements to keyboard presses, and AutoHotKey is also a good (highly configurable) option.

Full gamepad support in BYOND is on my wish list but hasn't been implemented yet due to the difficulty of coming up with a good design for handling the needs of varying games and controllers.

Lummox JR