ID:294124

why is it every time i close a dream seeker game(ex. Naurto GOA) it goes into the End Program thing because the window stopped responding?
Greetings Zabuza177.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Oh when i made this there wasn't one so i will make one now.

BYOND Build Number:463
Operating System:Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card:How do i find this?
Game Hub/Link:Not a specific game
Internet Connection Type:LAN
Firewalls/Routers:Rogers Online protection, Windows Firewall

Problem Description:After i play ANY game and want to close it because i am done playing dream seeker stops responding then i have to use end program to close it, why?

Steps to Reproduce Problem:N/A
In response to Zabuza177
Zabuza177 wrote:
Oh when i made this there wasn't one so i will make one now.

That is because you posted in the wrong forum (but no worries, I moved the thread to the correct one).

As for the problem at hand, after Dream Seeker stopped responding, you should receive the option to send an error report. Could you manually note the error details (there should be a link to see them) and post them here?
What happens if Dream Seeker is being closed through DM source code?
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
As for the problem at hand, after Dream Seeker stopped responding, you should receive the option to send an error report.
Could you manually note the error details (there should be a link to see them) and post them here?

It isn't that type of end program here this is what it says

End Program - Pokemon Bloodstone

This program is not responding

To return to windows and check the status of the program, click cancel.

If you choose to end the program immediately, you will lose any unsaved data. To end the program now, click End Now.

Schnitzelnagler wrote:
What happens if Dream Seeker is being closed through DM source code?

What is DM source code?
In response to Zabuza177
Could you please connect to Chatters ( byond://216.66.76.220:6030 ), remove the > from the input line and then type .quit
What happens if you now hit enter?
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
What happens if you now hit enter?

When i hit enter the Chatter program closes.
In response to Zabuza177
It seems that I can't connect to Naruto GOA (right now), so I can't try if the game supports the default command line commands, but you could try the same (.quit) with one of the games that crashes for you upon closing?
And what happens if you try to log in to chatters and close it the 'normal way'?
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
And what happens if you try to log in to chatters and close it the 'normal way'?

It closes fine.

Schnitzelnagler wrote:
but you could try the same (.quit) with one of the games that crashes for you upon closing?

Yes the .quit works perfectly.
In response to Zabuza177
Great, so at least you have a temporary workaround there ;)

Now to more diagnostic questions.

In your Pager, under file -> Preferences -> Games, is 'Use graphics hardware for displaying maps' checked or unchecked?
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Great, so at least you have a temporary workaround there ;)

Well i tried the (.quit) on one of the other games and it still stop responding but good news is it was easier to close this time then before when i didn't use (.quit) just used the X.

Schnitzelnagler wrote:
In your Pager, under file -> Preferences -> Games, is 'Use graphics hardware for displaying maps' checked or unchecked?

Unchecked because i don't know if you remember but in one of my older posts i said my screen shots we're coming out bad and you said to UN-check it and try taking a screen shot and that did fix it.

Link to messed up screen shot page: http://www.byond.com/help/forum?id=8124
In response to Zabuza177
Could you tell me what game it was that showed this behaviour?

And would these steps make a difference?
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Could you tell me what game it was that showed this behaviour?

Naruto GOA.

Schnitzelnagler wrote:
And would these steps make a difference?

No.
In response to Zabuza177
Zabuza177 wrote:
Naruto GOA.

I just tried Naruto GOA, where and how did you use .quit?

Zabuza177 wrote:
No.

Could you update BYON D to 464.1066?
OK this is what i did:

F1>Options and Messages>Client>Command then i entered (.quit)

Ok i will update byond

Also i updated and tried the (.quit) again and it still stops responding.
In response to Zabuza177
Could you give me one example game where you can gracefully close with .quit?
When i first tested.

I logged on to the game and before i did anything like even walk, talk i used the .quit but when i started playing and then tried closing like an hour or so after i logged on using .quit that's when it gets difficult.
In response to Zabuza177
Ah, ok, so this *is* consistent for every game, but it depends on the time you've spent on it?
Correct.
In response to Zabuza177
Could you please monitor CPU and RAM allocation on a test game during that time interval and report the results here?
Page: 1 2