ID:294139

BYOND Build Number:464.1066
Operating System:Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card:N/A
Game Hub/Link: Lands of Legend, Dungeon Master and Mafia
Internet Connection Type:AT&T Dial-Up
Firewalls/Routers:ZoneAlarm

Problem Description:
Alright, this is what's happening. Recently I started to play BYOND after a very, very long break, and right away I went to play SS13 (SS13 is not one of the games that is giving me problems). Well, anyways.. I wanted to play one of my other favourite games, so I went to and try Dungeon Master. The blue box pops up and started to download the game like usual, so I waited. After it was finish loading the game, it completly vanish, and the game didn't start up. So, I tried to join it again. The same thing happened again, so I continue playing the games that work, SS13 and Cowed. Giving up on Dungeon Master I decided to try and play Lands of Legend, the same thing happened again! It loaded, then the blue box showing the address and the loading percentage, it went poof after finishing any downloads. The game never popped up. I was sad at that point, not being able to play my favourite games. I ask an old friend if he ever had the problem and he told me he did and that how he fixed it was to join the same game that was giving me troubles, over and over again. I did that. Nothing, just dissapointment. Today 3/23/10, at around 9:45 I tried to join Mafia, same thing happened. So I decided to go on the BYOND Software Problems today and try to find if someone is having the same problem as I am, I found a few and they really didn't explain much or even how to fix this error. Not sure if this helps or not but I join games by using the BYOND program and not the website. So please, help me.. D:
Please try to follow through these steps.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Schnitzelnagler, I have tried both things that was on that website you linked. I even tried to delete every BYOND file, and even the zip file containing the program and the source. I tried to redownload the program, putting it back onto my computer, then try to play LoL, the same thing happened.
In response to DarkKuta
Well, since some games work for you, it is now of main importance to figure what the games failing have in common.
Do you join a server or download and start a game for yourself?
Does one use the 4.0 interface and the other doesn't?
Anything you could think of?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Um, I just join the server, I never host it. I believe they both use 4.0, but I'm not sure.
In response to DarkKuta
Is any of the games that fail to work for you for download?
If so, could you try to download and run it?