ID:294143

BYOND Build Number: newest 464
Operating System:win98 (yes indeed)
Video/Graphics Card:2mb :D
Game Hub/Link: byond://BYOND.world.682962433
Internet Connection Type:
Firewalls/Routers: none

Problem Description: when i play Stargate Online for a while some or all of item names in Inventory tab apears to flicker bold and biger font, after then popups error that Dreamseeker lacks of somekind of resource. ''reqiered resource was'' - thats all of error log

Steps to Reproduce Problem:

P.S.: this problem appears to be in SGO only, no other games cause this
Could you provide a Screenshoot of the error message?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
In response to Kitajoza
Please be patient. I assume it might be a Win 98 specific error, but I'll have to consult somebody more familiar with the VM.

Thank you in advance.
My research into this error message suggests your system may be running out of GDI resources. I don't know if there's any way around that. The amount of memory your system has could be a significant factor; more would be better, but I'm not sure what Win98's upper limit is.

One of the things that would affect GDI usage is if the game is trying to display the map in software rendering mode. If your video card is not up to the task or your system does not have DirectX 8 or higher, BYOND will try to display graphics in software mode and that uses GDI.

The crux of the problem though is that you're running an operating system older than some of our users, with a video card that's probably not much younger. There are a few unknowns like how much memory you have available, but I don't hold out much hope for a solution on that machine.