ID:294162

BYOND Build Number:465.1067
Operating System: Windows Vista
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:Explorer
Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description: BYOND is telling me that I am logged in, however whenever I open up a game it tells me that I need my own BYOND key to join. This has happened to me before but it was because I just needed to log in. However I've logged in several times and the message is the same. When I go into my pager, it tells me that I'm offline and that it couldn't open a server port. I was on BYOND earlier today, in fact I was on BYOND until I told my BYOND pager to update. After the update it told me that it couldn't open a server port. I have tried restarting my computer, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling BYOND but it still can't open a server port and it still says I need my own BYOND key. Please help.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
As you do not mention a firewall, my guess is that you forgot the need to set exception rules on your firewall and that the firewall does take version checks.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I've told the firewall that it is to allow BYOND to go through, I've even checked the listing on it, to make sure that it's on the "always allow" list. Like I said before I was playing it earlier that day and I have never had a problem updating BYOND before with my firewall in place. It's still asking me for my own BYOND Key.

Edit: I have tried other games, Duel Monsters Expert and Pokemon World Online both worked and I was able to play the game. However both of the games logged me on as a guest. The website does say that I have logged in though.
In response to RaphaelBroux
Do you have just one firewall?
And what happens if you try to turn it off?

What you describe is actually what happens if some software restricts the Dream Seeker instance from communicating with the pager. And that's usually a firewall.