ID:294168

BYOND Build Number:465.1064
Operating System:Windows Vista
Video/Graphics Card:Ontel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:AT&T DSL
Firewalls/Routers: Yes firewalls, but have allowed access with BYOND, use an AT&T router

Problem Description: I cannot login using the BYOND at all, always immediatly says Byond hub:Connection Failed. Used to work fine but now it does not work.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Tried logging in with the BYOND thing, not website. The website works fine and I have updated my BYOND
As you that it used to 'work fine', what did you change around the time that the issue started to either your computer, or BYOND itself?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I'm also having that "Hub connection" come up when trying to start the game. I can login, and that's as far as I can get. I've uninstalled and re-installed the download and still getting the same error. Help, please.
The computer got messed up so we sent it in and now it doesnt work. This was also a year agoish when it still worked fine. I have no idea what could have gotten messed up
P.S.-I can login just fine as Guest
In response to Dragonzues
Please create a new thread and make sure that you provided all the data the template asks for.
In response to Loverman
Well, when exactly did this happen? After an update, or just out of the blue?
I tried to login soon as i downloaded it and has never worked but works as guest which doesnt make sense. Cant login or anything just straight Connection failed
In response to Loverman
I'm not sure that I can properly follow your steps there.

Are you saying that you had erased BYOND completely and then later on installed it again and now encounter this issue?
Yes. I have also uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times after encountering my problem
In response to Loverman
What happens when you ping byond1.byond.com?
What do you mean? Dont understand
In response to Loverman
If you click on 'Start' and select to run 'cmd', you should be presented with a little black console. If you type ping byond1.byond.com and hit enter, what happens?
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
If you click on 'Start' and select to run 'cmd', you should be presented with a little black console. If you type ping byond1.byond.com and hit enter, what happens?

Here's a screenshot of what I get
http://de.tinypic.com/r/2gw9hxv/6

I've been having this same problem since last year. I use to play byond fine until one day this error showed up.
In response to Aznricerocker
Greetings Aznricerocker.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please *START A NEW THREAD* with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.