ID:294172

BYOND Build Number:465.1067
Operating System: windows xp home.
Video/Graphics Card: S3 Graphic prosavage 8a26
Game Hub/Link:http://www.byond.com/games/hub/Cthulh/BleachShinzui
Internet Connection Type:dsl

Problem Description:Game shuts down randomly due to Unexpected error.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: open any game. (but since i play shinzui the most... shinzui...)

i only started getting this error after i updated byond.
Greetings dijasom.

Could you please be more specific? What is the text of the error? Does the pager crash too? Does there seem to be any relation to your actions and the crashing? What about time?

Regardless of the answers above a bug report is likely in order. Please go here and check to see if anyone else is reporting the same problem. If not, please create a new bug with all the information you have already given as well as as much additional detail as possible.

Thanks Much.
Danial.Beta
In response to Danial.Beta
He had another posting ([link]) explaining that what he sees was much alike another user, but unfortunately never replied to my question on how much alike the issues really used to be ;)
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I have a very similar error. that i havent been getting lately. it has just been shutting down with no error box.
aswell as it shuts down randomly. as in i could be playing 1 second. to 15 minutes.
http://i45.tinypic.com/3313ktd.jpg
this is the error. though i know not what it is....
In response to dijasom
Does the error persist through updating BYOND to the latest stable release? Do you have enough memory?
i have a gig of Ram and when i goto task manager it says i have more than enough to run the game.

and it has persisted through every update since (i think at this point) 4 updates including the latest.
In response to dijasom
Does the error only occur on this special game, or on all the ones you try?
Could you test Chatters?
Have you tried erasing BYOND manually and installing 464.1066 again?
im trying chatters now. and it seems to only happen to this game... like it HAS happened to another game... but it was months ago...

and i have uninstalled byond. ive even reformatted my computer and reinstalled it... still nothing *_*

and it seems i can play the game im playing (attempting to) in there ooc chat... but when i goto login i get the error after only a short time. (up to 45 minutes and down to 1 second)
In response to dijasom
Have you confirmed that the error occurs in the older version of BYOND (that I linked to) as well?
sorry didnt realize thats what you intended. chatters works fine. and im going to test the older version starting now.
used every one all the way back to 463.1063

and i seem to get the same bug. -_-

not sure what else to check.
In response to dijasom
Please try to play Teridal (it's a very easy game, shouldn't have trouble getting a bit around). Test some, equip and remove some armour/weapon, slaughter some beasts, cast some magic spells, ride a mount, something like that. See if anything causes a similar error.