ID:294177

BYOND Build Number: 467.1069
Operating System: Vista Ultimate
Video/Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1300PRO
Game Hub/Link: ???
Internet Connection Type: Broadband. Not the problem.
Firewalls/Routers: Yes. I am rechecking what windows is doing to byond, see if there is a conflict there.

Problem Description: Just take a look at this image. You'll understand.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: Log into BYOND after running BYOND.EXE
Did the problem occur instantly after installation, or later on?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Instantly, it stopped working the second I downloaded the update.

I have purged all the BYOND files on the system and downloaded the .exe installer (which is garbage by the way) and went from there, but to no avail. I'm going to do that again this time, but get the .zip package instead of the .exe installer. And try running it from my hard drive instead of from a flash drive.

Playing SS13, I have been unable to view the popup windows in the BYOND shell also, which are a required part of playing the game (setting internals, releasing canisters, screwing with airlocks, etc.), and makes me a little suspicious, (suspicious that it's on my end) unless you call those ".dll"s for both tasks.

*EDIT* New info: if I click on the Help menu, and I only get 2 options: About BYOND and General...
It says it cannot locate byond.chm when I click on general.

I bet that all I need is the address for the BYOND hub.
In response to ZCHRIS13
Please check if you can find the file byond.chm on your HDD twice. It should be wherever you installed BYOND and it should be in your BYOND User Directory. You can find the path to this directory on your pager under File -> Preferences -> Advanced.
Yeah, I've been dicking around with that folder, and it may have been messed up.

Due to the fact that I like my games portable, is designating the folder path "..\User_data\" as the location of the BYOND user directory a problem (it points to the directory one folder up from the location of the byond.exe executable, and up to the user data folder, which I created). It stops BYOND from throwing a fit if the drive letter changes from computer to computer)?
In response to ZCHRIS13
That might actually cause issues, I'd keep it where it is on default if I were you.
I fixed it. I guess the link has to be defined absolutely, instead of relatively. Work on that, would you?

I think the problem lies in the fact that my father has installed 2 antivirus programs on his computer simultaneously. That'll mess anything up. (I uninstalled one of them)
In response to ZCHRIS13
ZCHRIS13 wrote:
Work on that, would you?

You'll have to request a feature, as I'm only a volunteer and not working on the software myself ;)