ID:294241

BYOND Build Number: 470.1075
Operating System: Windows Vista Business (SP1) 32-bit.
Video/Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Game Hub/Link: It happens for all games.
Internet Connection Type: I use the internet on my university campus. Both wired and wireless.
Firewalls/Routers: Added BYOND to Vista Firewall, and Anti-Virus. No router.

Problem Description: Alright, so, I downloaded BYOND for the first time ever on Tuesday (June 15). It worked flawlessly for the first few hours. Then it would die. My game would 'freeze' - I wouldn't be able to move or change actions - and then everything would die and in the text window it would say Connection Failed. For the entire rest of the day I would be unable to connect again. I'd be able to get on at first, but after so long (between ten seconds to a minute) it would die again, the same way, and would say Connection Failed. Didn't matter if I was making a new character, or playing in the actual game - Connection Failed.

So then I tried to fix it. I followed the appropriate steps in the guide I've seen posted around the forums quite a bit - but nothing worked.

Once again - it worked perfect for the first couple of hours. I could move, log in and out, everything. Then after so long it would die. Connection Failed. OR, I would be playing and then I'd completely stop moving, not be able to change actions - nothing, no Connection Failed message - the person hosting would tell me I had logged out and eventually the window would crash. And then I wouldn't be able to play for the rest of the day.

----------------------
I know it sounds like an internet problem - but that doesn't make sense to me. I've tried various different connections - and my internet works fine (with the exception to wireless where sometimes I will hit 'dead spots', but I assure you, I've tested this theory). I have no idea what else to do.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
As you mention a university campus, are you allowed to play games through this connection?
I know a lot of system administrators that would instantly restrict such use of their resources once they spot it.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I assume we're allowed. I know tonnes and tonnes and tonnes of people who are gaming online night and day at all different hours. I've just read over the Terms of Service for my campus internet and everything looks fine.
In response to Salience
Could you try connecting to Chatters and see if you can maintain a stable connection? The game has no map and thus we could rule out graphic related issues if the problem persist.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I can connect and stay on Chatters fine.

I can get on the games fine once, but now I've noticed that if I leave I can't get back on again. Today I was on, playing a DBZ game with friends - I was just training. I went to go set a macro, and by accident hit close. I joined again two seconds later... and then it started dying every minute: connection failed, connection failed.

In response to Salience
I see.
So, can you try to connect to Chatters, then disconnect and reconnect and try to see if you encounter the same problem?

If that works, try to reproduce the failing behaviour in Teridal.

Thank you in advance.