ID:294257

BYOND Build Number:471.1076
Operating System:windows xp
Video/Graphics Card:idk
Game Hub/Link:lmao none since the connection failed
Internet Connection Type:cable
Firewalls/Routers:off/ netgear WGR614 v6

Problem Description:everytime i try to login to byond via pager i get (Hub connection failed)

Things Done to Atempt to Solve Problem:

1.uninstaling byond and reinstaling alog with reloging
2.deleting pager.txt and byond.txt after exit of byond pager
3.editing pager.txt
4.leaving the pager port blank

all ends in (hub connection failed)

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
simple change your pager port
Bigj822 wrote:
Game Hub/Link:lmao none since the connection failed

That is intended to be the link to the game's hub, which doesn't require you to use the pager (a web browser should properly display the hub link). An example would be http://www.byond.com/games/DDT/LastRobotStanding. We need this information for that very problem, because we need to ensure that the problem is not with the game, but with your software.

Have you tried a single game (if so, which), or multiple different games?

Can you connect to Chatters (a test to see if it's a map related issue)?
Can you connect to Last Robot Standing (ensure that it's not a ban/server related issue)?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
when i tried to connect to both of them i got loging in and it didnt change and i let each connection stand for about 4min each
In response to Bigj822
Unfortunately, you ignored some important part of the questions. You did not answer which hub you tried connecting to and failed and if you tried with multiple games, or just one.
i tried
http://www.byond.com/games/Xooxer/Chatters
and
DragonballZ heros united
also naruto next generation

iv also tried downloading

ether it stays at the loging in part or it says cannot connect
In response to Bigj822
Please follow through all these steps.

Thank you in advance.
umm yea seems i am back here agin.
the problem does still percist.

if it helps any ontop of what iv already told.
when i first got this problem it came from me changing my pager port and when that port stopped working so did my pager now idk how to set it back to default.
In response to Bigj822
Set the port to 0.
Why did you change the pager port in the beginning?
Could you describe every step that lead to this problem?
in the begining it was no real reason you know how when you get bored and you just wanna mess with somthing you have no reason to be messing with yea thats me idiot moment.

instead of leaving the pager port blank as it was normaly
i changed it to 0 thinking that seeing how in code 0 some times means the same as blank umm yea not the same.

so i went and tried to delete the pager.txt and all that cause iv seen that as an answer to it umm yea utter fail.
In response to Bigj822
Close BYOND (and all it's instances), use the uninstall executable to uninstall BYOND, then manually search for any remaining BYOND folder (you should find two!) and manually erase both. Reboot your computer, then download BYOND and install it again. Ensure that you are logged in as administrator during the installation process.
yea i give up on this its just destined to fail for me sooo yea if you come up with some new ideas to get it to work u can message me or something help me some way...

but for now we can chalk this one us as a fail.
In response to Bigj822
Have you taken these exact steps in the exact order I suggested (not skipping or slacking on a single of them)? Have you ensured that your firewall and anti-virus software properly allow all four main executable of BYOND?
yes i have and for the fire wall i deactivated it so that it would work without fail. but my computer seems to remember the prefrences when i reinstal byond
In response to Bigj822
That would hint at the fact that you skipped the step of manually searching and erasing both remaining BYOND folders, since that is where the preferences are stored and which are not automatically deleted upon uninstalling BYOND.
i used my computers search and deleted all files and deleted every file with the name byond cause i had 3 folders dont know y but i deleted all and others

also i did the byond ping and this is what i get
80 as the fastest and 96 as the slowest and 86 average but it connects
hey i ccant enter to naruterosv3 this beging to load an afte it close the page if say that are loading
In response to Marjor1
Greetings Marjor1.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please *START A NEW THREAD* with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Bigj822
Please repeat the process and look how many BYOND folders you find this time. After you deleted them, search for BYOND folders again. Do not forget to search every partition and every hard drive.
i figured out the problem it wasnt with the pager itself i never had to delete it. for some weird reason my computer stopped accepting tcp ports so i cannot connect to byond anymore unless it uses a udp port witch i think it doesnt
In response to Bigj822
Now I'm curious. How did you diagnose that 'your computer stopped accepting TCP connections', which would be rather strange by itself? Or did you mean that your router didn't forward to a specific TCP port, designed for BYOND?
Page: 1 2