ID:294259

BYOND Build Number:471.1076
Operating System: Windows Vista
Video/Graphics Card: idk
Game Hub/Link: idk, but in the advanced tab the hub address is blank
Internet Connection Type: Cable
Firewalls/Routers: its off Windows Firewall......NetGear router its new

Problem Description: cant log into any game "cannot read key file" and cant find the key.txt file to delete. Also the Port number in the Advanced tab is 0 and in the past it was blank.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Follow these steps: [link]
In response to Leur
bin cfg_old and help is all it shows......I think NetGear is the real reason why i cant connect
In response to Zorc Necrophades
There should not be a bin folder in there. This would hint that you tried to open (and look at) the wrong of the two BYOND folders. Could it be that you disregarded the steps and just opened the BYOND folder by hand?
Please provide the complete link to the folder you opened and to the 'User directory', as found in your pager under 'File'->'Preferences'->Advanced'.

Thank you in advance.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
After I deleted byond and reloaded it i changed the location to C:/Program Files/Byond. Then i log and it worked..... i was in awe thanks for your help.

In response to Zorc Necrophades
Zorc Necrophades wrote:
i changed the location to C:/Program Files/Byond

Note that this may cause serious issues. So, do not be astonished when BYOND stops working for you and in such a case we can not help you here either. There is a good reason for both BYOND folders to be located separately by default.
When i go on to games like heroes united 1 it keeps saying dream seeker, dream seeker has encountered a problem. And when i click send error report or dont send error report i exit byond and go i back onto byond but it stll doenst work...

Thx Simiman. Help would be apreciated. Thx again =_=
In response to Simiman
Greetings Simiman.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please *START A NEW THREAD* with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.