ID:294263

BYOND Build Number: BYOND Version 471.1076
Operating System: Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card: I'm using Bootcamp off a Mac.
Game Hub/Link: It's every game.
Internet Connection Type: 56 kb/s
Firewalls/Routers: No firewall, router has a sticker on it saying "AAPT", which is our net provider.

Problem Description: BYOND seems determined to try and download every game I want to simply join. Whenever I click join - on any game - It comes up with "Downloading resources (*Number* bytes)
There is a percentage bar at the bottom which fills up veeeeery slowly, even for my internet connection. Half the time it stops completely and I have to restart the download. No error messages, just slows down and eventually stops. Took me nine hours the other day to download a game that was only 7.5 megs. Yes i've turned off my firewall completely, yes i've deleted my cache multiple times, yes i've renamed the cfg file, yes I have once gotten a game to work, it's never worked since then.

What do?
My first guess would be that this is a Mac specific issue, so likely you'd get a better response at the LinuxGuild.
Sometimes with Dial-Up (least it did for me when I had it a couple years ago), it would be interrupted, and since there is no download-resume, you would have to restart the download.
Keep in mind 56kb/s is not Kilobytes, it's Kilobits.
56kb/s = 7 KB/s
And since the game is 7.5 Megabytes
7.5(*1024)to KB(7680)/7 = 1097.142...
1097 Seconds = 18 Minutes

And that's assuming all you are downloading at the time is purely the game, nothing else.