ID:294274

BYOND Build Number:471.1076
Operating System:Windows Xp
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:http://www.byond.com/games/ Brklynty1.BleachTheShikaiWars?tab=index
Internet Connection Type:Verizon
Firewalls/Routers:Westell b90-327w15-06

Problem Description:Well I am trying to host for a game with dream daemon and it says "4567 port (can) be reached by players but, when people try to join it says connecting....then disappears or fails
Steps to Reproduce Problem:1.port forwarding 2.Added a port on firewall to allow
As a first step, try to host the most bare bone, basic world possible, such as
mob
verb
say(msg as text)
world << msg

Create a new project, compile, run and host it.
If you don't want to go through this trouble, I compiled and uploaded such an example for you here.
See if others can join and report back with results.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
no i dont think thatll work because my friend gave me the exact same simple project like that and he couldn't join
In response to Radied
Please just try it. It's going to take a minute of your time, but would provide me with the safety of ruling out a lot of programming related issues (no offence to your friend).
It would be best if you could provide a screenshoot of Dream Daemon hosting that game and a link of the running world.

Thank you in advance.
okay ill see if my friend can join it 1 sec
In response to Radied
If you could just provide a screenshoot of the running Dream Daemon instance and the actual link to the world as I requested, it would massively help to diagnose your problem.

I really want to help you, but you have to provide me with the means to do so.
okay my friend cant join, this is the link to the game, byond://74.104.100.38.4567 and how do i get the screenshot? sorry i am a noob at computer stuff as u can see
In response to Radied
and ive tried everything, i had like 3 people trying to resolve this problem and 1 of them was computer expert still we havent found a solution, ive tried port forwarding and allowing exceptions including adding ports
In response to Radied
Radied wrote:
byond://74.104.100.38.4567

When you try to diagnose issues around computers, it is crucial to be precise. A dot, a comma, or a colon can decide if something works or not. Take your time, nobody is pushing you to post as fast as you can. Double-check your information and provide proper spelling.

As for the information you provided, it can not be correct. There would have to be a colon in the BYOND URL.

You can copy the URL right from Dream Daemon by clicking on it and then paste it to avoid typos.

Radied wrote:
how do i get the screenshot?

You hit the 'print' key on your keyboard, you open Paint, which comes with Windows 7 by default, you copy and paste the image from the click board by hitting ctrl+v, save the image as png and upload it to something like Imageshack. That should present you with a direct link that you just copy and paste (ctrl+c, followed by ctrl+v) into your post.
okay beside the screenshot since i know how to do it now but, what are you saying when u say that my info can not be correct? ive tried port forwarding and adding ports
In response to Radied
ohhhh i think i get what u mean now, so yeah my dream daemon is open but i cant copy the url, and it looks like the same as the one i just posted to you
In response to Radied
Now, if you would have the courtesy to provide me with the screenshoot I requested, I could try to help you.
You really have to take all the steps I mention, or else there is no sense in me trying to assist you.
wait i forgot you want me to take a screenshot of dream daemon?
In response to Radied
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
If you could just provide a screenshoot of the running Dream Daemon instance and the actual link to the world as I requested, it would massively help to diagnose your problem.

Yes, if you took the five seconds time it takes to read up on the conversation, I requested to you take a screenshoot of DreamDaemon while hosting the test project I compiled for you in combination with the link Dream Daemon provides.

You see, you're posting without putting forth any effort yourself (even though looking up a reply yourself would be a thousand times faster). That isn't exactly encouraging for volunteers like me.
thats the thing, all this time while u didn't reply yet i was having close inspections on our conversations but sometimes i dont get what people are saying i take english classes as well so i am not very that good at understanding yet and okay i will take a screenshot 1 second sorry for the bother
In response to Radied
okay i took the screenshot and uploaded it to imageshack, the link is provided/ http://img687.imageshack.us/i/screenshotwaj.png/
In response to Radied
Please be patient, I'll have to discuss this with somebody else.

Thank you in advance.
okay ill wait but please dont make me wait for (years wise) thank you in advance.
In response to Radied
any news on whats the problem? just checking, if any information is updated know what i mean.
In response to Radied
Please double check that every firewall and internet security application you're running completely allows all BYOND executables and the port you're trying to host on to.

It looks like an overactive firewall or Internet security application is present that's shutting down the connection as soon as it's made, falsely believing it's hostile.

Do you receive any error messages (in Dream Daemon or any of your security programs) on your end when connections happen?
Page: 1 2