ID:294279

Okay well I've tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to be working. I log on to the Byond hub and I can see my friends and all the games but when i try to access a game an error message pops up (C:\Users\Melissa\Documents\BYOND\MyHub\dantom\byond\bin\drea mseeker.exe "byond://68.41.250.232.53238" -pager) <------ this message and then another pop up comes up saying that I should try to reinstall byond because it can't find dreamseeker.exe. So I've tried downloading it numerous times but it wont work. I have windows vista and it use to work just fine but now it isn't and I don't know how i can fix it so if you could help me I'd greatly appreciate it.
Lummox JR wrote:
The message that dreamseeker.exe could not be started and perhaps you should reinstall is genertated by the pager. The pager is going through this sequence of events:

1) Lookup world URL you tried to join to get the byond://ip:port -- which it does.
2) Find the path where dreamseeker.exe is stored so the game can be launched -- which it does.
3) Attempt to launch a new Dream Seeker process.

Step 3 is where it's failing. Because the path it reported is presumably valid, I can think of only two possibilities. Either you have insufficient memory or other system resources to launch Dream Seeker, or a virus is corrupting (or deleting) dreamseeker.exe or one of its associated DLL files so that it won't launch.

To me this sounds like your system is running low on memory or resources.

Please try if a reboot has any effect to the problem.
A full scan for malware would not go amiss (run your virus scanner, and also try out Malwarebytes). I'd also check into what else you might have started running recently that might be sucking up resources, perhaps due to a memory or GDI leak. And if you have a small amount of memory, upgrading that would probably also be a good idea; then even if you didn't find the source of the problem you could make it happen less often.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
By reboot what do you mean, specifically? I realize the process is probably different depending on the computer but I don't think I've had to reboot before and I don't specifically know how to do it. If you could try to explain it I'd greatly appreciate it.
In response to Lucy06666
Lucy06666 wrote:
By reboot what do you mean

I mean rebooting.
So basically shut off my computer? Cause that hasn't helped at all considering i shut if off every time I'm done using it.
In response to Lucy06666
So, have you tried the other steps described in my original message? And if so, what was the result?
I have scanned it and there aren't any and I've tried rebooting and still nothing and i don't think memory is an issue cause i have 285GB and it doesn't show on my computer that I'm using that much (only about a forth of my memory) I don't know if this has anything to do with it but it says that I have updates on my pager but this whole thing started when i tried to update it and there was an error while it attempted to fix it I don't know if that's relevant at all but i figured I'd mention it
In response to Lucy06666
i don't think memory is an issue cause i have 285GB
That's storage space. Memory = RAM

Uninstall BYOND...
run CCleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
Install the latest version of byond.. and try again.
In response to Leur
I downloaded the cleaner but i cant find it on my computer? should i try again?
In response to Lucy06666
I tried again and i got it to work now thankies ^^