http://www.mediafire.com/?gxsg0sicg21q7dt
No hub enry

Internet Connection Type:

How do i find this out?

Firewalls/Routers:

Windows 7 built in firewall
D-link DWA-542

Problem Description:

I have forwarded a port so that i may host that game, and allowed byond to use home networking, but i get the following from dream daemon:

World opened on network port 556.

BYOND hub reports port 556 cannot be reached by players.
First of all, I suggest updating your BYOND to 471.1076.
As for your issue, what port have you forwarded, what port are you trying to host on, have you forwarded TCP, UDP, or both and which executables have you allowed with the firewall?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I have allowed the program "byond" through the firewall, and i forwarded TCP. im hosting on port 556.
In response to Gigimoi
Please, when you reply to a person trying to help you, take time and reply to *all* the questions and with great detail, not just dish some random keywords back that answer one or two selected questions. People usually ask due to good reason, so ALL the information is essential.

Again, which port have you forwarded and which port are you hosting on? Could you provide a screenhoot of the running Dream Daemon and your router port forwarding page?

As for allowing 'the program BYOND', there is no such thing. BYOND consists out of multiple executables, so you might as well have allowed the wrong one. Have you ensured to allow Dream Daemon specifically? And could you screenshoot that exception as well?

Thank you in advance.
Sorry about not responding to which port, im hosting on port 556 and heres a screenshot.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The program is simply listed as "byond". I did find dream daemon though and let it pass the firewall. I still get the problem in the screenshot above though.

I had a parent forward the port for me, so i have no way of takeing a screenshot of that.
In response to Gigimoi
First, you should avoid using a port that is officially set to another application. You can find a somewhat complete list at wikipedia. Usually, most ports above 2000 should be save, but I personally use 4711.

As for your problem, if you have no other security software that could interfere (e.g. an overly aggressive Norton product, or the like), then your port forwarding would seem to be the culprit. I'm sorry, but have your parents double checked that they did properly forward the port?
I've had my parents change the port number to 4712, I double checked with them, and they told me to ask if the port had to be forwarded directly on my computer or if it could be forwarded through another computer using the same router.
In response to Gigimoi
That would depend how the computer you're trying to host on accesses the internet. The data arriving at your router from the outside world has to get forwarded to Dream Daemon.
In response to Gigimoi
Make sure you are forwarding the port to the right computer
See image: http://www.vyklou.com/asdasd.PNG
In response to Leur
Yeah, its forwarding to my computer.
In response to Gigimoi
And on Windows firewall like so?
http://www.vyklou.com/asdasd2.PNG
If you are, *shrugs* Try running as Admin, I'm not too familiar with Win7.
In response to Leur
Leur wrote:
And on Windows firewall like so?
http://www.vyklou.com/asdasd2.PNG

I see three familiar windows, but not the "Edit a port" one.
would it be button i cant press?

it's grey'd out and does nothing when i click it

If you are, *shrugs* Try running as Admin, I'm not too familiar with Win7.

Try running what as admin? dream daemon or the control panel?
In response to Gigimoi
Either one. It's worth a shot. Just to test things out.
In response to Leur
Control panel doesn't have the option to run as administrator, and it makes no difference in daemon.
In response to Gigimoi
Not sure how to help you there then, maybe Schnitzel will have a solution when he returns. I personally only used Windows 7 for maybe a month because of my computer being unable to handle it much.

Edit:
Actually, try flushing your DNS Resolver cache for good measure. There was an error connecting to the hub recently that caused my computer to do the similar: BYOND hub reports port 666 cannot be reached by players.

Close all byond apps.
CMD > ipconfig /flushdns
In response to Leur
succesfully flushed DNS but no dice
In response to Gigimoi
Now I'm a bit puzzled. I thought you had mentioned to allow Dream Daemon and BYOND in your Firewall? How would you have done that when you don't know how to do that now? So, what exactly is the case here? And could you provide a screenshoot of your BYOND related firewall exceptions, please?