ID:294290

Descriptive Problem Summary:

I recently opened byond, to login to the pager manually and check my favorited games via the pager, Using my automatic login. All i get is an error message with no text, and just an "OK" button titled "BYOND". I opened it again, and it attempted to make me login. I logged into the program using the info, and it gave me the same blank error. I came to the website and logged in(And here I am) using the SAME info. I am sure I placed the correct info, and i redid several times. I went and manually reinstalled(which, updated for that matter) and still got the same problem. It also gives this blank error for the guest key.

http://a.imageshack.us/img210/6874/taskmanagere.png - Screenshot of every process running on my machine at the time.(notice byond is missing, I turned it off because it annoyed me.)

The last time i remember using BYOND, it was dream maker, And i was creating a game. I don't think the game is at fault, because I reinstalled BYOND, Completely uninstalled it, and then completely installed it. No luck.

---

I don't use windows firewall, or any firewall for that matter. I only use Avast AntiVirus(The newest version) and it has never given issues in the past connection wise.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Wake up
2. go to my house
3. Get on my computer
4. Run byond.exe

In other words;
Unknown,It just, randomly ceased, as if the servers ceased. But they didn't. I see games online through the website, but thats it.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
Not applicable

Expected Results: Being able to log in, at least as guest.

Actual Results:
No connection, No games, Nothing at all but an EMPTY error window.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? So far, Every time.
In other games? N/A
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Only computer

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
470(It ceased working though)

(Was told to bring it here, so I did)
----
I recently started using Tortise SVN.. Is there any problems using TSVN with BYOND? Other programs I recently installed are Hamachi 1.0.3.0, Steam, Portal, Half life 2, and Garry's Mod.
Greetings DarkNinjaPrograms.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
BYOND Build Number: See above
Operating System: See above
Video/Graphics Card: Nvidia Nforce 6600
Game Hub/Link: None.
Internet Connection Type: Cable Modem
Firewalls/Routers:
Belkin wireless G modem(I use the wire ports. NOT WIRELESS)
No firewalls. Just antivirus, as stated above.

Problem Description:
See above.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
See above.
In response to DarkNinjaPrograms
I'm sorry, but I seriously fail to see where you mention an operating system in your original post.
i am getting the same exact problem as you
In response to Maxthebender
Greetings Maxthebender.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please *START A NEW THREAD* with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

As for how and if the problems are related, I can not judge. I'd somewhat doubt it though.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
Internet Explorer 8. I emptied my "C:/Program files/Internet Explorer" folder all i could, and now it works. IE8 causes errors in crossfire, and i'm assuming BYOND.

EDIT: this assumption is based on, It started working after i fixed the error with crossfire. [Operating system is XP Home SP3 full update... Sorry... I believed that it would copy over from the ticket i issued. My bad ^-^"]
Most interesting, may I ask what exactly was the issue with Crossfire?
And you just manually removed all files from the '/Program files/Internet Explorer' folder?
Where did you get that idea?
The fact that I cant find the uninstaller for IE8, and the error with crossfire isn't known exactly It gave an odd 8 or 9 digit runtime error and refused to load the embedded browser, and thus crashed the launcher. the same thing was wrong with ijji reactor, It couldn't load the launcher's browser, and crashed. Whenever IE gives me problems, I delete its contents(the bare-bones Iexplorer will re-spawn on WinXP, Which means you cant completely ruin Iexplorer). People say downgrade, but i am skeptical about installing a lower version on top of a higher version. It seems like it would cause errors. But either way, Something in the IExplorer folder might be causing an error in the least with WinXP Home SP3. Perhaps more research should be done?

Edit:

By unknown, I mean that the support forums for crossfire had 2 hits. one didn't do anything, and the other said that they should downgrade their Iexplorer. No results were posted, so i forced my Iexplorer to the basic state via the deletion.
just a question, my aunts IE8 doesnt work, whenever you try to open it it says error. Could this be a problem with my pager Problem with the blank box w/ an X like Dark has?
In response to Maxthebender
I downgraded to IE7 and now byond works for me O: -yay-