In response to Schnitzelnagler
If by splash screen you mean the box that appears when you attempt to join something, then yes that's where the "Connection...failed" shows up at.

And as it stands right now, I cannot connect through my bookmarks anymore.
In response to Marcicus
I noticed you mentioned this in another thread:

Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Yes, please uninstall BYOND using the uninstall executable, AFTERWARDS manually remove the remaining BYOND folder(s) (you should find two, if you don't please note this here).
Reboot your computer, ensure that you're logged in as administrator and install BYOND. Note any messages (error or success) you receive.
Try running BYOND again and see if you can properly connect on the pager over at least 20 minutes (without running a game).

I only had one BYOND folder, but it had the 'cache', 'key', and 'cfg' folders inside of it. Is that normal?
In response to Marcicus
I think the other one he means is the one in Program Files.
In response to Marcicus
You should have one folder where you installed BYOND and another one in your documents.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
You should have one folder where you installed BYOND and another one in your documents.

Still nothing.
In response to Marcicus
While installing BYOND, you do have administrative privileges, right? And how/where have you been searching for BYOND folders?
Schnitzelnagler wrote:

I'm sorry this took so long to reply to.

That's where I've been deleting them at.
In response to Marcicus
Ok, so you found two folders named BYOND now, right?
You deleted both and reinstalled BYOND?
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Ok, so you found two folders named BYOND now, right?
You deleted both and reinstalled BYOND?

Yes I did, and I am still unable to connect.
In response to Marcicus
Do you have any means of trying a different wire-d/-less network on that computer just to see if the issue is related to this part of the process?
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Do you have any means of trying a different wire-d/-less network on that computer just to see if the issue is related to this part of the process?

There's a place around here that has WiFi that isn't on campus. I could try that out, but I need to see if it's actually open today.

I'll get results as soon as I can.
In response to Marcicus
Marcicus wrote:
Schnitzelnagler wrote:

There's a place around here that has WiFi that isn't on campus. I could try that out, but I need to see if it's actually open today.

I'll get results as soon as I can.

Tested outside the campus connection. Looks like I am able to connect just fine.

~_~
In response to Marcicus
Well, then you have the answer to your problems. It's the campus network that's causing the issue and you'll have to resolve it with the one responsible for maintaining/supplying/administrating the network.

As I said, it could very well be intentional, given that playing games is often condemned as abuse.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Well, then you have the answer to your problems. It's the campus network that's causing the issue and you'll have to resolve it with the one responsible for maintaining/supplying/administrating the network.

As I said, it could very well be intentional, given that playing games is often condemned as abuse.

That's what I figured, although it's weird that I have been able to connect through the network before.
In response to Marcicus
Not as weird as it may seem.
Administrators often monitor the traffic and then apply restrictions only as needed. Or problems can develop that nobody notices for a while after a new configuration/maintenance.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Not as weird as it may seem.
Administrators often monitor the traffic and then apply restrictions only as needed. Or problems can develop that nobody notices for a while after a new configuration/maintenance.

I'm assuming this uses a peer-to-peer connection? Cause this is blocked here, but I could attempt to work around it.
In response to Marcicus
No, BYOND doesn't base on peer to peer technology.
What does it base on then?
In response to Marcicus
A plain simple non persistent TCP socket, as far as I'm aware.
For more detailed information, you'd have to ask Tom/Lummox JR.
Page: 1 2