ID:294323

BYOND Build Number:474.1079
Operating System:Win7 Ultimate 32-bit
Video/Graphics Card:GeForce Go 7600
Game Hub/Link: All games
Internet Connection Type: Cable - 8/0.5 Mb/s
Firewalls/Routers: N/a

Problem Description:
Starting approximately one week ago, DreamSeeker has been experiencing odd frozen window periods that start small, and usually end up freezing the window indefinitely.

It starts completely randomly, but once it's started, it doesn't go away - it only gets worse. It's noticeable when someone "chats" in whatever game you're on. The Output element will start a new line, empty, and the game will freeze for maybe 0.5 seconds (in the beginning) and then the line will fill with whatever text was spoken. This 0.5 seconds will quickly grow as time goes by. While the Output element is frozen, so is the rest of the window. If you click anywhere in the window, Windows will report it as Not Responding, until the freeze is over.

Restarting Dreamseeker usually temporarily resolves the issue, but in less than 10 minutes it starts again.

I haven't changed any part of my system when it started, and I've tried reinstalling BYOND. It was also happening when I was still on BYOND 473, so I doubt it's a bug.

Any clues on how I can fix this?

Additions:

It's probably worth noting that I've trying clearing my BYOND cache, and have tried using software rendering.
It seems to exacerbate the issue if I select some text in the output.
Does this happen in games/skins without an output element as well (have you tried creating a test game)? What about 'Chat only' games like Chatters?

And why couldn't this be a bug only because it occurred in a previous version of the software as well?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions by saying it isn't a bug.

The problem does occur in Chatters, but I'll make a test game without any outputs and get back to you.

Thanks for your time.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Yeppp, it definitely seems to be related to outputs.
I seem to be able to prevent the issue altogether, if I ensure no text is highlighted in an output, and that the output doesn't have focus.
Just now it crashed, and here's the report that windows gave me:

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: dreamseeker.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 4c58ce60
Hang Signature: 8bbe
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 8bbe764b3f383adfa5ee4d4bd4072cd1
Additional Hang Signature 2: 648a
Additional Hang Signature 3: 648aca5edc6d3205aa88e81b0041fe87
Additional Hang Signature 4: 8bbe
Additional Hang Signature 5: 8bbe764b3f383adfa5ee4d4bd4072cd1
Additional Hang Signature 6: 648a
Additional Hang Signature 7: 648aca5edc6d3205aa88e81b0041fe87

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
In response to Murrawhip
Please try to update your BYOND build to 475.1080 and if the problem persists, create a detailed bug report.

Thank you in advance.