BYOND Build Number: 474.1079
Operating System: Windows 7
Video/Graphics Card:

Name: Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM)
Manufacturer: Parallels
Chip Type: Virtual Adapter
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Approx Total Memory: 255 MB
Current Display Mode: 1280x800 (32 bit) (60 Hz)
Monitor: Generic Non-PnP Monitor

Game Hub/Link: http://www.byond.com/games/DevourerOfSouls/MitadakeHigh

This causes a problem. For reasons that will be explained shortly, though, I suspect that's not the issue.

Internet Connection Type: DSL
Firewalls/Routers:

Router no.

As for firewalls, I have Windows Firewall, but it's definitely turned off. Furthermore, I even added the BYOND stuff to it.

Problem Description:

Numerous.

When logging on to the Pager, the message 'Connection failed' will appear. It still says SceptileAccount [Public] and I can view the current games.

Trying to download a game (such as Mitadake High as above) will result in an Error: Unzip failed. Yet I know that other people are downloading it fine.

Trying to run it through the Pager, by typing in the IP of the game I want to join, leaves me at Launching game... perpetually. Except sometimes, where DreamSeeker appears, says that I'm not logged into the pager and logs in as guest, except cannot connect to the IP address, even though I know other people are connecting to it at the same time.

Trying to run other games through the pager, simply finding one that is currently running and joining it, results in there being no graphics.

I'm just utterly confused.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Run pager
OR
Download game
OR
Open location and include IP address
OR
Run currently active game.
When you mention that by logging into the pager you receive a 'Connection failed' message, where is that being displayed?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
In the white box at the bottom of the pager where all the other messages are displayed.
In response to SceptileAccount
This is definitely bad behaviour. Have you received any error messages while installing BYOND? Has the installation happened with administrative privileges?
Did BYOND work before (on that computer/OS), or hasn't it worked ever?
Error message no. I should have administrative privileges, but I didn't check specifically; should I try reinstalling? I've tried using BYOND before, but I had the same problem there, and it's never worked properly for me.
Yes, please uninstall BYOND using the uninstall executable, AFTERWARDS manually remove the remaining BYOND folder(s) (you should find two, if you don't please note this here).
Reboot your computer, ensure that you're logged in as administrator and install BYOND. Note any messages (error or success) you receive.
Try running BYOND again and see if you can properly connect on the pager over at least 20 minutes (without running a game).

You mention using DSL but not running a router. Are you sure on this one?
As for the internet type thing? No. I confess that I just guessed what my type was. I don't really know; I use the connection my college provides. But, I've never had problems connecting to anything else.

Installation seemed to go fine. I went through the setup program, and then 'Completed.' I ran as administrator.

I can't tell whether I can connect on the pager exactly; once again I get the 'Connection failed.' message that appears three times. But it says 'Logged in as SceptileAccount [Public]', so I might be. In any case, I don't think that's properly connecting.

One other thing of note, which just seems odd; according to a friend of mine who does have it installed, the BYOND folder in Documents should contain 'cache', 'key', and 'cfg', but mine doesn't have the last one.
Ah, something of note that didn't get mentioned in your list. I'm running this through Parallels; the help page says this should be fine, so that's not an issue, right?
Actually, let me restate the problem. Recently I've learned a fair amount of new info.

Connecting to games is possible; if I input the location and wait, after a while it'll log me on as a guest. For some reason, even though my pager says I'm logged in, I always log in as a guest.

However, once I connect, there are no graphics. This happens even though I've downloaded someone's Mitadake High file and stuck it in the game folder, which is odd. That should have provided me access to resources like images, right?

Second, attempting to download Mitadake High from the sight results in an Unzip Error.
SceptileAccount wrote:
I'm running this through Parallels

This could be very well the reason behind the problem you encounter.

SceptileAccount wrote:
the help page

Which help page?

The fact that you're logged in as guest and lacking a cfg folder would indeed hint at your pager not working properly. My guess is that the emulation of the windows environment fails for a specific bit that BYOND relies on.
Oh, about this. I actually was able to run a game properly. What someone did was packaged their whole Documents/BYOND folder and sent it to me to use. With this, I was able to log into a game normally, and not as a guest. This doesn't actually resolve any of my numerous problems, but I don't think I'm likely to play any other games, unless the other people I'm playing with suddenly change their interests, so I'll consider my problem resolved.

Thanks for the assistance.