ID:294330

BYOND Build Number:475.1080
Operating System:Windows 7
Video/Graphics Card:dont know
Game Hub/Link:dont know
Internet Connection Type:dsl
Firewalls/Routers:norton and i know the dsl router isnt a problem

Problem Description:I've downloaded things on in the past but now i keep getting the error message failed to load data in the HubZipFile()
this happens when trying to download games to host and also when i try to update byond

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
I've completely wiped byond off my system and re installed it and still the problem occures
Around what time did you notice this problem for the first time (what changes to your system/BYOND have you issued before the problem occurred)?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
well I've hosted games before on other systems but I just bought this labtop and got rid of my desktop it seems to work fine on desktops but wont work on my labtop I dont know whats wrong with it Just wondering if you guys might know what i'm doing wrong sine it keeps failing I did notice it puts the files under my doc but not the game files or resources i try to download so I can host I'm useing a toshiba sat L505
In response to SSK
Given the fact that you're running a combination of Norton and Windows 7, I think you might be suffering from security settings. Norton products are rather famous for causing their customers immense trouble with setting up anything that isn't blunt browsing the web and the new strict Windows 7 security settings likely won't help there either.

Are you running BYOND as administrator while updating?
As for Norton, I wish I could give you any sort of advice, but the only recommendation I can take on that point is, wipe it of your system completely and get a decent security software instead.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
yeah norton is a bitch but i'm running as the system adminstater and the weird thing happening is if useing a web browser and clicking a game to join I cant join it but if i use the byond pager to join I join no problem
In response to SSK
Erm, wait a second, which browser are you using and where do you get the error message?