BYOND Build Number: 474.1079

Operating System: Windows vista home premium service pack 2

Video/Graphics Card:
Name: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Manufacture: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 251 MB
Current Display Mode: 1280 x 960 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Game Hub/Link: http://www.byond.com/games/ LightningNinja91.DragonballGTDarkRenegade?tab=index

Internet Connection Type: DSL, i do beleive, i have a router and i know its not dial up :D

Firewalls/Routers: Dont know what exactly you need here, If anything is needed let me know and i can get you that information.

Problem Description: In the middle of playing the game i randomly get connection failed. Mostly its just me, and if i have two keys on, like two keys playing the same game at the same time, witch is allowed, sometimes one of the keys get a connection fail and the other one dosent. It abit aggravating. And if i leave it open overnight i get a connection fail by the time i wake up. I spoke with the owner and its nothing to do with coding as in game.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: Get on game and wait. It always happens, sometimes itll go without doing to for awhile.

If any other info is needed just let me know, this is a very aggravating problem....
Is this problem local (specific to the one game you mention) or global (as in appearing on every game you try)?

What's your ping to the game server in question and what's your package route?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
i dont really play an other game, but i use to, and i dont think i ever got connection fails.

my ping is .13-16, thats a random check tho, i donno if its ever higher or lower.

And sorry but hoe could i find my package route, i ave no clue what that is.
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the quick response.
In response to Tjc6591
Could you try to join Chatters and Teridal to see if this could be an issue with the game server that you're encountering the problems?
Keep logged on and see if/when you get disconnected.

Thank you in advance.
Ok i logged on all three games,
Dark renegade
Chatters
and teridal
Ill wait to see what happens and report back with updates.
Ok, i got Connection fail with chatters and dbz dark renegade, but i had two dark renegades open and only one got it so one of my Dark renegades and chatters got connnection fail.
In response to Tjc6591
Have both connections failed at the same time, or were they independent?
I was AFK, but im almost positive they wer not at the same time
In response to Tjc6591
It would seem like your connection is sometimes timing out and thus closing as a result of a little unstable period.
There is nothing much I could advise here as the issue shouldn't be entirely BYOND related, sorry, but it shouldn't be more than a minor inconvenience. I take it that the same happens with other non BYOND on-line games as well, right?
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Have both connections failed at the same time, or were they independent?

I was just on DBZ GT Dark renegade and i had 3 keys on, the whole server had a bit of lag for a few seconds, then one of my keys logged out, and the other two staid on, what causes just certain keys to get connection fail? Is it byond versions?
If it was i connection problem, wouldnt all connections fail, instead of 1 out of 3
In response to Tjc6591
Tjc6591 wrote:
(...)what causes just certain keys to get connection fail? Is it byond versions?

Aren't you using the same BYOND build for all your keys? (You didn't mention this in the template!)

Tjc6591 wrote:
If it was i connection problem, wouldnt all connections fail, instead of 1 out of 3

No, short connectivity problems as you describe them can cause one TCP stream to time out while a second persists just fine.
well is there anything i can do to help prevent short connectivity problems?
In response to Tjc6591
Not really, no, sorry to say so.
But it seems as if you're by no means the only one encountering the problem with this game.
In response to Tjc6591
The sympotoms you've described sound an awful lot like a problem at the server end, nothing you can do anything about. It does seem that that DBZ game in particular is having problems.

Lummox JR