ID:294334

BYOND Build Number: 475.1080
Operating System: Windows 7
Video/Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT
Game Hub/Link: All
Internet Connection Type: Public Wi-Fi
Firewalls/Routers: Windows Firewall/Unknown Wireless G Router

Problem Description: Any time I try to log in to BYOND via the program, it gives me a BYOND Hub: Connection Failed error after saying Validating Key for a while. If I try to access a game prior to this, it brings up the window for BYOND and says Logging In... for an indefinite amount of time. I've searched through the forums and performed all the steps to correct the above-mentioned issues, but the problems still persists. The games and Dream Seeker itself works flawlessly back in the United States, but since being deployed to Afghanistan, I've had no luck trying to get BYOND/Dream Seeker to work. Not even reinstalling did the trick.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: Access a game OR Try to log in to Dream Seeker.
Can you ping the BYOND hub from your location?
Does that network support playing games (you could try any non BYOND non browser based on-line game)?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I apologize, but what is the address for the hub so I can check? Also, we have played Starcraft 2 online out here; although, most US downloaded online games don't like that we go through a German server to access their server.
In response to Damienlichard
I seem to have the same problem at my colledge's wifi seems they have a block on their public wifi that blocks the use of byond I can log in offline but not online if its not letting you log in online there it is prob because they are blocking byond and there for you key that you were trying to create can not be verified
In response to SSK
Well, if that is the case, then this just sucks. I wish there was a fix for it. I miss playing all my BYOND games I used to play. If there is a fix, any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for the info, SSK.
Sorry, my fault there.
byond1.byond.com is the hub address in question (should resolve to 67.228.127.154).
You mention going through a proxy to play games, could you elaborate on this, as it could very well be related to your problem.
Do you have any means of trying a different network, to see if this is the root of the problem you encounter?
Unfortunately, my attempt to ping byond1.byond.com has failed with a "Request timed out." error. I've tried on our hard-line server here, as opposed to the Wi-Fi server and that came to no avail as well. The proxy ran here is government monitored. It allows for calls through Skype and other IM software and a few games to be played online, but for some reason it doesn't allow Dream Seeker to connect to the hub. I don't know what information you require for the proxy, but I'm definitely willing to help. I've been without BYOND for long enough, haha.
If you can't reach the BYOND hub, it's no wonder that BYOND doesn't work properly (read as expected in several cases) for you ;)
I'd advise for talking to your network administrator, since this seems like the root of your problem and is nothing we/I could really help on.
Aw...very well...thank you very much, sir.