ID:294345

BYOND Build Number:
Operating System:windows xp
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:
Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description:hey guys i need help well its my first time make a byond game and i have been reading and watching videos on how to make one and i do exactly what they tell me to do but when i code it n put exactly the same thing and when i try to make the map of it now that i finished coding n the person it gives me this message: Due to Compilation errors, the object tree cannot be trusted for map generation. These errors must be corrected before editing map.
i have no idea what to do cause i never use tree in the code. so someone please find a solution for me! Thank You

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Dear Kris10338,

If you intend to create a game, the first step should be to start here, since this is going to provide you with material to learn the basics of programming (in BYOND).
Try to have a look at the DM guide (and reference), since these will enlighten you past any tutorial you're working on. But don't 'rush through'(browse), like with a comic.
Sometimes you will think that you already know something, when you do not yet know all of the functionality.
Or, you think that something is 'too basic/of no use' for you, but every advanced bit of code is actually built out of these basic (tiresome) parts.

If you still did not manage, your next step would be to use the forum search (of the right forum, in this case Developers), since it is likely that your problem has been discussed before already and there are various replies.

Whenever you are struggling, a developer should use the Developer forum to seek assistance from like-minded community members.

As for your specific problem, you have some compile time errors in your code that should be displayed when you select the 'Build'->'Compile' menu.
You have to address these before you can edit the map.

Thank you in advance.

Yours,
Schnitzelnagler.