ID:294347

Operating System:Windows XP
Website Browser and Build Number:
URL/Link to problem page(s):

Problem Description:Basically. My friend (key: Crismon) can't even use BYOND. He can open BYOND and the pager will appear but if he tries to log on it stays at [Offline]. He can't even access the BYOND webpage, whether he uses Internet Explorer or Firefox. I told him to use google and try to access BYOND website from there, but no luck this is what appeared when he tried to access BYOND from google links;
Oops! Firefox could not find byond.com

Try reloading: byond.­com
Additional suggestions:

* Access a cached copy of byond.­com
Search on Google Rawr)

Also this is what appears when he tries to log onto BYOND, or when he logs off his key ;

BUG: Unexpected nslookup event (pid = 7).

Steps to Reproduce Problem:Restart PC, Modem.
Greetings Prince Grimmjow.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Additionally, please report what happens when your friend pings BYOND.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Not to be rude or anything, but that's -ALL- the information that he's given me. He told me he -can't- log onto BYOND. So he -can't- do a ping test.
In response to Prince Grimmjow
I never said this wouldn't be all the information that he provided to you, but it would be very beneficial to your friends cause if you could ask him to provide additional data, which is what I meant to ask. I'm sorry if I didn't express that properly and would like to apologize.
The BYOND build number, the kind of internet connection used, firewalls, protection software in general (e.g. virus scanner) and router can provide crucial information to help in this specific case.

As for pinging BYOND, that has noting to do with logging in. You open a DOS shell (click Start -> Run -> type cmd (enter), which should open a 'black' box), then type ping byond1.byond.com, hit enter and the feedback would help a lot.
Sorry if it seemed like I was being rash with my last post and sorry for not following the instruction help outline.

But, uhm his virus scanner is Avast. He's not sure about his BYOND Build number, i'm guessing it's the latest though. He has DSL Internet Service, Media Internet(ISP, never heard of it, but k).

So uhm, as for the pinging he followed your instructions and he told me this appeared;

Ping request could not find host byond1.byond.com. Please check the name and try again.

He wants me to tell you guys this as well;

BUG: Unexpected nslookup event (pid = 29)

He said it keeps popping up when trying to log onto BYOND and the number just keeps increasing.
What happens if he tries to ping 67.228.127.154 and could you please ask your friend to browse http://67.228.127.155/ in either Firefox or IE?

Thank you in advance.
Naoki/Ashura says:
The page you have requested could not be found. Please check the url again, or start here to learn all about BYOND. <--that what comes up when enter in the web address box

Naoki/Ashura says:
Pinging 67.228.127.154 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 67.228.127.154: bytes=32 time=86ms TTL=45 Reply from 67.228.127.154: bytes=32 time=87ms TTL=45 Reply from 67.228.127.154: bytes=32 time=87ms TTL=45 Reply from 67.228.127.154: bytes=32 time=90ms TTL=45 Ping statistics for 67.228.127.154: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 <0% loss>, Approximate round trip time in milli-seconds: Minimum = 86ms, Maxium = 90ms, Average = 87ms

For the pinging.
Please advise your friend to follow these steps:

'First, run the command 'ipconfig /flushdns' from your command-prompt (cmd.exe) this will force your DNS cache to clear and update with new information. This generally resolves the problem right away, but in some cases it doesn't.

If that doesn't work try running the command a couple more times, disconnecting your internet and then reconnecting. After you've reconnected run the command once more and give it a shot, everything should be fine by this point.

If you're still having trouble run the commands 'tracert byond.com' and 'nslookup byond.com' tracert should end with the domain 'byond2.byond.com' and nslookup should end with the IP '67.228.127.155' if this doesn't happen you may need to wait a little longer for the DNS fix to propagate to your area.'
Thanks for your time, apparently it works now. I told my friend to stop by here and thank you, so hopefully he'll do it.
I'm glad that I could help and no need for him to post ;)