ID:294376

BYOND Build Number:4.79
Operating System:Windows XP SP3
Video/Graphics Card:Intel(R) Extreme Graphics
Game Hub/Link:All games
Internet Connection Type:Cable(Wireless)
Firewalls/Routers:CA(Disabled)

Problem Description:
Exact Problem:When I try to login to the BYOND pager I get a blank error(http://i53.tinypic.com/1z6e7u8.png) Hit okay, it does it a couple more times. (http://i51.tinypic.com/vglhl2.png) this is what happens. I have tried uninstalling and an reinstalling, same thing happens. Tried uninstall then deleting all remaining BYOND files. Reinstall and same thing happened. (EDIT:Also forgot to say, I can login to the site, but I can't connect to any games through the site.)
When did it start: About a week ago.
Changes before: I have no clue what could be causing this error. It just randomly started one day after a system restore, although the restore date BYOND worked just fine. I have looked over the other problems I could find that may be like what Im getting, some seemed they may have been about the same, but none of the fixes for em worked for me. So Im at a loss of what to try next except this post. Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.
Steps to Reproduce Problem:Anytime I try and login to BYOND it happens. Like said above I tryed a system restore, I'm guessing its something other then BYOND causing the error seeing as I did a full uninstall/reinstall.
Hm... I don't know what the problem is here but I logged into Byond, and got the same little X thing. I clicked 'OK' and logged in again and it worked just fine. I dunno, wish I can help you.
The system restore could very well be the reason for what you observe. Please try to run DXdiag and see if there are any errors and run a complete scan for malicious software.
When you manually erased the BYOND files, how many BYOND folders did you find?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Ummm..not sure what DXdiag is, but I guess Ill hit up google and see about that. And when I deleted BYOND manually, in the program files there was 3 folders(bin,cgf, and help) then in My Documents there was 4(cache, cfg, keyinfo, and skins, with a key text document). Ill check out the DXdiag and edit results onto this if you have yet to reply.

Edit: Well, from what I gathered from running dxdiag everything was fine, said no problems on all paged, only thing it said failed was my sound card dont support hardware buffering only software. Which I doubt this will be whats causing my problem. But all the graphics went 100% okay. If you need me to pst screen shots of any of it let me know and I will get to it.
In response to Crip_lyf3
There are basically only so many possible reasons I can think of now.

• Malware screwed something up
  • The registry settings are what is keeping BYOND from working properly
  • One of your security software is acting up

Given that the error message isn't very... informative... it's tricky to assist.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Well guess I will do a comp reset to factory settings and see if that helps. Not too sure what else to do after uninstalling CA using registry repairers and numerous scans with CA before removing.(CA seems to be a very low grade security x.x) So now I will go through backing up my files online and get to this. Then hope for the best. Ohh yeah, I'm getting a Microsoft Feeds Sync
error, this might have something to do with it? But Im hoping after the restore it will fix all of this.
In response to Crip_lyf3
Well I am now able to use BYOND. So, thanks for the help.