ID:294386

BYOND Build Number: 479.1086
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional (32-Bit)
Game Hub/Link: Any games that can be hosted by various people
Internet Connection Type: Cable/Broadband
Firewalls/Routers: NetGear WNR1000v2 Router and McAfee Total Protection

Problem Description: Okay, I've been tearing my hair out over this. I've tried hosting through Dream Seeker and Dream Daemon, but every time, it tells me that port cannot be reached by other players. I've tried port forwarding, I've tried turning off McAfee's firewall, and tweaking a bunch of other settings on my router. Nothing's worked. I looked at the help section, and checked the "portforward.com" or whatever it's called, and my router isn't listed there. And even if it was, I can't afford to buy it's software. So, if anyone could provide me with some help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: 1. Download a game to host, 2. Open Dream Daemon or open the game in Dream Seeker, 3. Start the Server/Click "Host", wait around 30 seconds.
You're providing a bit contradicting information.
You mention that you 'tried port forwarding', but at the same time you claim that your 'router isn't listed' and you 'can't afford to buy it's software'. What exactly have you tried?
You shouldn't have to purchase any software at all.

As for the link, I guess that NetGear WNR2000 might be similar to your model, or at least similar enough to get an idea of what you're doing.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Okay, I can see where I seem to be contradicting. Whenever I tried to get to the link you just gave me, it'd take me to a page telling me to buy PortForward's software. THAT'S What I couldn't afford. And my router's web interface provides a port forwarding feature, but it didn't help.
In response to NanayaZero
That software link is just one of the many adverts around the internet. You mention that your router's interface provides port forwarding, could you detail (preferably with a screen shoot) how you set it up and how exactly you are trying to host a BYOND game (again, preferably with a screen shoot).
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I would, but I finally got the problem resolved. Turns out that I needed to set up a Static IP on my PC.

... Which would've been a helpful suggestion to have on the help page here for people with a similar situation.
In response to NanayaZero
Actually, that 'suggestion' should be part of the port forward tutorial, as far as I recall, so it should indeed already be part of the help page here.