Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description:

Steps to Reproduce Problem:

BYOND Build Number: whatever the most current is
Operating System: Windows 7
Video/Graphics Card: Nvidea Geforece 9100
Game Hub/Link: Any
Internet Connection Type: Wired Broadband
Firewalls/Routers: COMODO (disabled) Windows Firewall (Came with Windows 7; Disabled)

I cannot connect to any BYOND game. When I try, it says something like "Opening BYOND.world.xxxxx" then "Launching BYOND.World.xxxx" then it stays there, on the Launching page, until I close out of it. I left it running for hours and still nothing. Shut off all firewalls, restarted computer, deleted BYOND and redownloaded, deleted cache, remade cache folder, no connection.

here's hoping I'll strike gold with this, after having been at it for a couple days now.
First of all, please supply a real version number. People really, really differ on what they define as 'most current', ranging from years old to not even released unstable betas. A version number avoids all that guessing and misunderstanding.

Now, as for your problem, have you managed to connect to games just fine before, or does this happen right off the batch?
If you could join games before, what have you changed to your computer/BYOND around the time it ceased to function?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I had to install COMODO a while ago, around which time (surprise surprise) BYOND stopped connecting. so I disabled it, turned it off, uninstalled it, whatever. no dice.

version 479.1086 I think
In response to Cold and Dead
In that case, you might want to contact their support and query for a solution. There is a vast number of possible points such kind of software could screw up and a lot of them are overly protective.