ID:294413

BYOND Build Number:479.1086
Operating System:Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:
Firewalls/Routers:Norton 360

Problem Description:
When I activate byond, no matter what I do I stay offline. Any one else have this problem and use Norton 360?
Steps to Reproduce Problem:Activate byond.
I am having this problem too. It's been happening all day
In response to Xxda silent 1xX
Same here, it sucks! but i dont use Norton, i use the normal windows XP firewall,
In response to DarkKnight3
I am still having the problem. Anyone know solutions?
I don't know how to say this in a non-ignorant way, but I think your problem is really obvious. You need to stop using Norton. I don't know who put Norton on your computer, or what their ulterior motive is, but when it comes to Norton, I generally drop the anti from the name because I consider it a virus itself.

I highly recommend you go through the hair-pulling experience of trying to get Norton off of your computer, and trust me it is very difficult to remove it completely because it's a plague. I highly recommend switching to Avast. It's free, and I've never heard any complaints about it personally.

If you don't want to do that, try turning off the Norton firewall temporarily, and then using BYOND. If Norton isn't blocking it(which it likely is), and you are sure you're not running any other firewalls(windows maybe?), then your modem likely has a built in router blocking the connection to BYOND.