ID:294414

Alrite so Im new to the BYOND world so I wanted to say wasup nd all and ask a few question

1. Is there any copyright information I need to knw about using the software?

2.Can you only make online games or can I make some offline?

3.How easy is it really to make an online game!?

Ive been programming for a few years now so I knw pretty much all of the basics and i Have hosted a few servers so I dont think it would be to hard but I'd rather get the lowdown before attempting anything to big.. lol thx
You make BYOND games, and its pretty hard to make a game, trust me, im making one and its a pain in the ass, and you dont really need any extra software, but be warned, Byond has a spreading bug to all the players, the firewall problem, due to all these firewall problems, it could happen to you, so just be aware,
In response to DarkKnight3
Yea, watch out for that bug, it has claimed one of my computers T_T, dont ask how. Anyways, if you have been coding for a few years it shouldn't really be a problem. Yea but also if your gonna try watch out for the spammers, and make sure you have a system in to block them.
Vampdzl wrote:
1. Is there any copyright information I need to knw about using the software?

BYOND needs no license to use, you are free to make any game you want and even earn money from it.

2.Can you only make online games or can I make some offline?

You can make games offline, but it's just as easy to make them online as well.

3.How easy is it really to make an online game!?

It's very easy if you've had some programming experience. It can be hard if you've never programmed before, though.