ID:294432

I'm making DBZ Icons. When i'm finished with the icon, i make a state with a Copyright in it. Example: "Made by Da-4orce, Do not Steal this."

On a game named: DragonBall Z: Ultimate Fighters 2 the owner uses my icons without my answer. I told him to remove the icons, but he didn't allow that. He removed the copyright. I have a screenshot of him saying that.

It isn't legal to put MY icon's in his game without my answer.

His name is Darker Legends the '' Owner '' of the game.
just to clear things up, you didn't create those icons. You took them from a sprite and pasted them into a dmi file. Also, I deleted those icon states because they're worthless. They weren't copyrights the only thing it said was "made by da-4orce". Also those icons were uploaded on a tool made by Falacy it's called IconShare so everyone can download them.
In response to Darker Legends
Darker Legends wrote:
just to clear things up, you didn't create those icons.
I made the icon when you asked for it.

You took them from a sprite and pasted them into a dmi file.
I can't sprite. And i don't sprite.

Also, I deleted those icon states because they're worthless.
Copyright remove

They weren't copyrights the only thing it said was "made by da-4orce".

Just to clear things up: Made by Da-4orce . do not steal this icon or you will be banned . DONT REMOVE THIS!

Seccond copyright: Dont Steal this, it won't make you use it. DONT REMOVE <--

Darker, i just noticed that you edited your message.

I upload them on IconShare to give Falacy(The Owner of HU2) the icons. If you read the descripton it says FOR HU2 .

In response to Da-4orce
You don't clearly deny others of using it.
Darker Legends wrote:
You don't clearly deny others of using it.

Other people can use it in games (Custom Icon)

But if they put it in a game without my answer, it's illegal.
In response to Da-4orce
You never stated that I wasn't allowed to put them in my game.
Darker Legends wrote:
You never stated that I wasn't allowed to put them in my game.

I say it now. I clearly said to you that you can't use it anymore. And i already told you to delete them. But you still didn't do it.
In response to Da-4orce
Guess what? He uses my icons without giving credit.
Greetings Da-4orce.

Icons you create yourself are legally your property and automatically copyrighted in your name, disclaimer or no. In the future, I recommend writing a clearer terms of use on your icons than "Do not steal this", so that messes like this are easier to point out.

That being said, it is not BYOND's job to be copyright police, it is yours and your lawyer's. There is no feasible way for us to determine the provenance of all creative works in BYOND created games.

Thanks Much.
Danial.Beta
Greetings Darker Legends.

If they were created by da-4orce and you weren't given direct permission to use his icons, please don't use them. Especially now that he has specifically requested that you remove them.

All works, at the instant of creation, are automatically granted a copyright under US and most industrialized countries law. If you are interested in your rights as a content creator and consumer, try reading on http://www.copyright.gov/ for more detailed explanations.

Thanks Much.
Danial.Beta
Da-4orce, you can not copyright any Dragon Ball Z icons because of one simple fact. Dragon Ball Z is not your creation to copyright. If you want to create graphics and copyright them as your own, you must come up with something that isn't based on another individual or group's creation. Sorry.

It is wrong that he used your graphics without your permission, however you put them in a public medium allowing anyone the ability to take them. You sue him, and the people that own the rights to Dragon Ball Z will sue you. Unfortunately, that's the long and short of it.
In response to Mikau
That's not entirely true. Anything he creates, even if it is a derivative work, is copyrighted to him. He, however, does not have the right to the characters themselves, so he cannot, lawfully, distribute sell or otherwise disseminate his creation. Despite the limitations imposed on him by copyright law, if Fundimation found his artwork, they would no more have any right to his work than anyone else, despite him using their work for his base.

This is why he would have a hard time taking anyone to court for abusing his copyright, but not because he doesn't have a case, because Funidmation would likely come after him on the same grounds.