ID:294437

BYOND Build Number: 479.1086 (Latest as of this msg)
Operating System: Windows 7
Video/Graphics Card: Intel 4 Series express chipset
Game Hub/Link: N/A
Internet Connection Type: Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card
Firewalls/Routers: Windows Firewall

Problem Description:
Okay, i can not log on, it hangs up at 'validating key' and then it fails, something along the lines of not being able to connect to the Hub. I tried using the website to login to a game, and it hangs up at 'logging in' and it fails, no msg other than the IP and '.. failed.' I am by far assuming it is my connection, as i am having a similiar problem with 'minions of mirth' the error msg there, is 'TCP connection timed out.' If that is any assistance to anyone. Also, when using a webprowser, to play games (Like on miniclip, fog.com, etc) there is absolutely no issues, only when it uses a client that is downloaded, at least to my current knowledge.

EDIT: I have now found out, that downloading anything from any 'BYOND://' links gives the same issues. (example: tried to download the newer version of 'Step BYOND' as i didn't know about a new version XD)

I tried:
-Re-downloading BYOND
-turning off windows firewall (FOr all connections)
-Manually allowing BYOND for both incoming, and outgoing via Windows firewall
-Deleting Cache
-i tried ping'ing 'byond1.byond.com'
--Results: 4 sent, 4 recieved, 0 lost (0% lost)

Steps to Reproduce Problem:None that i know of.
Wolfnova wrote:
BYOND Build Number: the latest available download.
Operating System: windows 7
Video/Graphics Card: built in chipset
Game Hub/Link: N/A
Internet Connection Type: wireless ethernet
Firewalls/Routers: Windows Firewall

You really need to clarify those. Otherwise that information is useless.
In response to Flame Sage
Main post updated with more specific's.
Bump, Main post is edited with additional information (And crucial information, if i do say so myself XD)
Check to make sure you don't have a firewall included with your anti-virus program. Because the ping went through it really sounds like something is blocking BYOND from contacting the BYOND servers.
In response to Danial.Beta
Danial.Beta wrote:
Check to make sure you don't have a firewall included with your anti-virus program. Because the ping went through it really sounds like something is blocking BYOND from contacting the BYOND servers.

My anti virus is Panda Cloud, it only stops virus's, but BYOND has been unblocked by it ages ago (the program, and any of it's EXE's i had to unblock, lol...) :/
In response to Wolfnova
There is a good chance that your modem has a router built in. Which may be blocking the connection between the client and the hub with a built in firewall. You might have to google the model of your modem and look into port forwarding it, although I'm not sure what ports BYOND uses.
In response to Mikau
Um, unless i am mistaken, laptop's do not come with routers... If i am mistaken, i would need to know how to access it, lol, all i know, is i use wireless internet, not a cable-type internet... Also, since all of my games/programs, htat use a client/server setup fail to connect i know now it is a network issue, now to find out how to open BYOND using proxies....
In response to Wolfnova
Your router is what is sending the wireless signal to your laptop, and if you're having more problems than just BYOND, it points even more-so to that being the source of the problem. You'll need to follow your nose from the laptop to the source of your internets, and find the make and model of your modem, which likely has a router built into it. Once you've found that out, then we can help you configure it to let you onto BYOND, and likely all the other programs you're having trouble connecting to.

If at any point you find yourself trying to use a proxy for something, and it isn't to work around a silly YouTube demographic issue, you need to stop what you're doing, and rethink the situation.