ID:294446

Each time I want to join a game..
A little window pops up and it sais:

Welcome BYOND! (4.0 Public Version 479.1086)
Logging in....Connecting to byond://***.***.***.***:2012...
BYOND pager is offline. Connecting as Guest.
failed

What can i do to fix it?
I can't join ANY game Please help.
First, you can fill out the form that's given to you. It's not there because we think it looks pretty.

Then you can answer my curious question of why you blanked out the IP address of whatever server you're connecting to.

Then you can check to see if you have any firewalls running on your computer, or if your modem has a built in router with a firewall.
In response to Mikau
Didn`t work... thanks anyways...
In response to The Top Ninja
It didn't work? Checking to see if you have a firewall didn't work? Did you look at the screen and suddenly realize you had a lack of vision? Guess you should have took that perk when you made your character.
In response to Mikau
I got firewall i tried to turn it off but it still didnt work thats whats i meant lmao
If you're still unable to join games, you're going to have to fill out the form:

<b>BYOND Build Number</b>:
<b>Operating System</b>:
<b>Video/Graphics Card</b>:
<b>Game Hub/Link</b>:
<b>Internet Connection Type</b>:
<b>Firewalls/Routers</b>:

<b>Problem Description</b>:

<b>Steps to Reproduce Problem</b>:
In response to Mikau
ughh... yeah just 1 more problem...... i have no idea what the hell those are.. i only know my internet connection type... its cogeco o.o
In response to Mikau
BYOND Build Number: 479.1086

Operating System:Acer/ Windows 7??

Video/Graphics Card:Version : 8.16.11.9125

Game Hub/Link:all the games..lets say byond://174.132.223.221:2012

Internet Connection Type:idk.. but the comp isnt wireless its wired.. but idk what dsl and shit is...

Firewalls/Routers:i got a router...

Problem Description:well each time i want to connect to a game the little window pops up and tells me...
Welcome BYOND! (4.0 Public Version 479.1086)
Logging in....Connecting to byond://174.132.223.221:2012...
BYOND pager is offline. Connecting as Guest.
failed..
This started happening after i switched from telus to cogeco. or MAYBE when i started using the router...
i did no changes to my computer before this happend...

Steps to Reproduce Problem:well one day i was playing ROTP on BYOND.. i played as usual.... then when i was done i turned off the computer nothing important then i lost my telus connection to switch to cogeco. then after we got cogeco connection i started playing... but then we realized it wansnt wireless for the laptop so we bought a router and used it.. after we put the router.. that window started appearing and it didnt work....
If the changes happened after you switched to the router, the router is likely the problem. You'll have to find the model of your router(likely on the bottom somewhere) and allow it access to BYOND(through port forwarding). Routers generally have firewalls built into them for protection.

Although it's not recommended(I do it anyways because I'm awesome), when you find what model of router you have, you can try the default username/password for it(I'll help you once you find the model), and set yourself as DMZ on the network. Then try to access BYOND. If it works, then you know the router is the problem, and from there we can go ahead and forward some ports to get it working again.

So at this point, all you need to do is figure out what your router is.
In response to Mikau
My router is D-Link
Whats DMZ?
Well, D-link is a popular brand, you'll need to look on the bottom of it for a model number though(there's lots).

DMZ is a way of forwarding all ports to a certain IP(in this case yours). It means that all data is sent to your computer if it's not specified to go elsewhere. It's a lot less secure, but it's an easy way to find out if the router is the issue.
In response to Mikau
The Model number is Dir-601
Could you try to go through this here:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ Dlink/DIR-601/BYOND_Dream_Seeker.htm

The first picture should be ignored since the pager is now external from dream seeker, but the program still works the same way.
In response to Mikau
I portforwaded but BYOND still doesn't work.
Is there anything else i can try now?
sorry to interrupt, but im also having the same problem,byond reads the same message for my dad's laptop, but not my sister's
In response to Origm2012
Mikau hasn't answered for a week its either theres no more soltions or something happend.
Sorry about that, I was having some personal issues and BYOND Help wasn't on the top list of my priorities.

If you're still having this problem, could you look under Firewall Settings under the Advanced Tab to see if there's anything related to DMZ under there. If there isn't, just click around until you see something talking about DMZ settings. Once you find it, find out your local IP address on your network (192.168.x.x) that you used for the port forward, and make that address(assuming it's yours) DMZ on the network. This will tell the router to send anything that doesn't have a specific destination to your computer.

If your problem is solved then it is a firewall problem, and the port forward didn't work for some reason.
In response to Mikau
OMG finally you answered i thought you left me alone :D
Page: 1 2