ID:294532

BYOND Build Number:
Byond 482.1091

Operating System:
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Video/Graphics Card:
NVidia GTS 450

Game Hub/Link:
Irrelevant - Problem is the same for all games.

Internet Connection Type:
ADSL 64 kb/s Connection

Firewalls/Routers:
Router - D-Link DSL-2760U

Problem Description:

Alright, I've been having this problem for a long time now. Basically, the following happens :

I can log into BYOND fine at some times, it logs into the pager immediately and everything works. However, after a couple of hours, BYOND seems to go haywire. No game will log in. When I run the BYOND client, it takes 2 minutes to log me in as public. When I click to join a game immediately, it says that BYOND Hub is not reachable. When I close that and run the game again, it works but stays at "Connecting..."

After hours of attempting to log in, the games would log in and load their skin files, but it would stay at a black screen and not actually log into the game. After another couple of hours, it logs me into the games but with SEVERE lag - and by that I mean it takes 2-4 hours to just move an inch in any game.

I only have Windows Defender, Windows Firewall and Avast installed into my computer. I've disabled all of them completely - I shut down every firewall I have. I even uninstalled all of them, it still did not work.

I have complete, full speed on any other internet related tasks on my computer - this includes web browsing, playing WoW and Guild Wars - none of them have any lag whatsoever.

I've tried plugging in the internet directly to my computer, and not through my router. This did not fix anything. I've also opened BYOND on a port on my router, and tested the port to see if it was opened - it was. Still the same.

The odd thing is, it seems to have a mind of its own. At times it works perfectly, and at times it just refuses to. I've never had any problems with BYOND before. It's likely I'm overlooking something.

Please help. As a developer, and game owner, it's a big problem for me if I can't log into my games.

Regards
Hishido

Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Open BYOND and attempt to log into a game.